console and back seat vault options

Tiger80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
I ordered a Badlands, and I thought I came across a center console vault option when I was initially researching/building. Apparently it shows as an option on the other trims, but not under the Badlands builder. However, I just happened to see this under seat OEM vault when doing a web search, not advertised by Ford? A bit expensive, but brilliant second option if you'd rather use that space over the center console:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-9906202-b.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a Badlands, and I thought I came across a center console vault option when I was initially researching... apparently it shows as an option on the other trims. However, I just happened to see this under seat OEM vault, not advertised by Ford? A bit expensive, but brilliant second option...

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-9906202-b.html
Accessories.Ford.com offers two vault options. see https://accessories.ford.com/catalogsearch/result/index/q/Vehicle Safe by Console Vault/

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I was considering the rear under seat vault for valuables and other things I don't want people or children to see. I just didn't want to spend that kind of money for a safe I so found this unit
Ford Bronco Sport console and back seat vault options 20201230_144031

on Amazon that fit perfectly under the seat. Electronic lock opens with a code on the 3 buttons, with an electronic key fob or with a standard key.

The security cable loops around seat bar for security.
Ford Bronco Sport console and back seat vault options 20201230_144042

No doubt not as secure as the built in safe but for $50 I'll take my chances with this. On the plus side I can also unhook it easily and bring it with me.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
itā€™s actually on any BL even without BL pkg. I have a badlands no BL pkg and can confirm it has the second row underseat storage (passenger side only)
I will also attest to that.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I'd like to see the "vaults" Ford offers featured on lock picking lawyer's bench or Bosnian bill's.
I'd put money on the video running under five minutes.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The console vault pricing on accessories.ford.com is inflated. They can be purchased directly from consolevault.com for much less -- $304 vs $359 for the center console and $334 vs $429 for the rear seat -- and that's with free FedEx Ground shipping and a $35 add-on for the 4 digit lock shown on Ford's site.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was considering the rear under seat vault for valuables and other things I don't want people or children to see. I just didn't want to spend that kind of money for a safe I so found this unit
Ford Bronco Sport console and back seat vault options 20201230_144031

on Amazon that fit perfectly under the seat. Electronic lock opens with a code on the 3 buttons, with an electronic key fob or with a standard key.

The security cable loops around seat bar for security.
Ford Bronco Sport console and back seat vault options 20201230_144042

No doubt not as secure as the built in safe but for $50 I'll take my chances with this. On the plus side I can also unhook it easily and bring it with me.
Better still...go camping or to a hotel, take it inside with you. Pretty smart.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Iā€™ll agree that what you purchased is better than nothing, but those types of ā€œsafesā€ are easily defeated.
There is no such thing as a cheap safe. If itā€™s cheap, itā€™s not safe.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport