Completely Dead

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
How about that guy on Facebook drove new Badlands off the lot 15 minutes later it went dead and dealer was not able to fix it. So Ford bought it back. Then dealer sells him an outer banks as a replacement.

Then we have lots of ppl say their BS best vehicle they ever had. Seems to me there is higher then normal risk of issues with these.
Sounds like first year model issues to me but what do I know. I suspect plant shut down isn't helping with the quality issues either.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How about that guy on Facebook drove new Badlands off the lot 15 minutes later it went dead and dealer was not able to fix it. So Ford bought it back. Then dealer sells him an outer banks as a replacement.

Then we have lots of ppl say their BS best vehicle they ever had. Seems to me there is higher then normal risk of issues with these.
For sure. Year one model, a ton of new things in these vehicles. Hopefully it's an easy adjustment. I've been there. Battled with a dealer until the warranty conveniently ran out then they suddenly had an idea...after a $3k repair estimate and playing the out of warranty card...I played the call a guy I know at world headquarters...issue resolved to my satisfaction. The dealer was notified, make it right, or we send a trailer down, break the vehicle down to the last bolt and vacuum test every piece on your dime...amazing how great they were after that

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
haha nice. I agree, and I’m trying to keep that attitude, but it really sucks when it happens to you.
Zero doubt. I've had it both ways. A couple cars I never saw the dealership again. Wife had a civic and it had a cracked windshield fluid tank, 196K miles and the underbody was as black as the day they built it. No issues the entire time. Bought a challenger, and all the mechanicals in moon roof, windows etc went haywire. Alternator as mentioned went to crap. This was a gen 7...no excuses. But it did. Traded it for a gen 10 and nav screen went out. Still great cars. Crap goes wrong. I have buddies in cup racing. They say every piece of electronics is just another thing to worry about.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Sounds like first year model issues to me but what do I know. I suspect plant shut down isn't helping with the quality issues either.
Worse than that -- and this is an issue I've heard about in other sectors -- is QA/QC with components due to the suppliers's own shutdowns and logistics problems. So even if the Ford plants operated perfectly at all times, you're still relying on components made by outside firms.

@Etsbam just curious but on what date was your Sport assembled?

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Your last 3 vehicles never had a repair?...You must not keep them long. Every Model of car can have something go wrong? Should have kept them then. Can you tell me of any product in existence that is absolutely perfect? SMH
Just so happens that my last four were never in for repair of non wear items.
1998 F150 Lariat only had 2.5 years, nothing
2000 Ranger 4X4, 5 years. 1 battery
2005 Montego, 5 years, nothing
2010 Raptor 10 years and counting with one battery and a brake job.
Did however replace some tires and a slew of windshield wipers all of which are regular wear items. Not bad for 23 years.
prior to that my 1995 SHO needed clutch linkage part replaced at 5 years, must have been a lemon

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just so happens that my last four were never in for repair of non wear items.
1998 F150 Lariat only had 2.5 years, nothing
2000 Ranger 4X4, 5 years. 1 battery
2005 Montego, 5 years, nothing
2010 Raptor 10 years and counting with one battery and a brake job.
Did however replace some tires and a slew of windshield wipers all of which are regular wear items. Not bad for 23 years.
prior to that my 1995 SHO needed clutch linkage part replaced at 5 years, must have been a lemon
point being, it's a complex vehicle with some bugs. Some expect this to be flawless. Some just come to whine and beat the issues into the ground. I'm sorry anyone is having any issues at all. I'd say if you are fearing issues, the Bronco sport is a terrible purchase at this point. I also understand with great certainty, it's been a year unlike any other, and probably the worst time to release an all new top to bottom vehicle dependent on chips and multiple components that seem difficult to get, and a workforce more comfortable being spoon-fed by our government than actually working. Life is rough, Get over it. Or buy a chevy.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
It happens........We.had a brand new 2007 VW GTI...first day no a/c....gone for a week, had to replace complete a/c system. 2002 Honda Civic brand new....replaced front struts 3 times in first 1 1/2 years !...never solved............just sayin.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
point being, it's a complex vehicle with some bugs. Some expect this to be flawless. Some just come to whine and beat the issues into the ground. I'm sorry anyone is having any issues at all. I'd say if you are fearing issues, the Bronco sport is a terrible purchase at this point. I also understand with great certainty, it's been a year unlike any other, and probably the worst time to release an all new top to bottom vehicle dependent on chips and multiple components that seem difficult to get, and a workforce more comfortable being spoon-fed by our government than actually working. Life is rough, Get over it. Or buy a chevy.
These type of forums often turn into brand loyalty and/or personal choice validation platform. I hope this forum continues being open minded about all things BS. IMHO for others to stay informed or form educated opinion on a brand new model this place is probably the best all around. Forget about the reviews as reviewers likely end up with better tested vehicles they see for a few days only. So unless those having issues air their experience, others looking for all kinds of input, good or bad, will be shorthanded.

@Etsbam hope it gets fixed quickly for you. Please keep us all posted.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
These type of forums often turn into brand loyalty and/or personal choice validation platform. I hope this forum continues being open minded about all things BS. IMHO for others to stay informed or form educated opinion on a brand new model this place is probably the best all around. Forget about the reviews as reviewers likely end up with better tested vehicles they see for a few days only. So unless those having issues air their experience, others looking for all kinds of input, good or bad, will be shorthanded.

@Etsbam hope it gets fixed quickly for you. Please keep us all posted.
Absolutely agree and most just post "hey I'm so upset because" and others "can't believe this happens." But it seems a few like to Ford bash. Fine...then this isn't likely a good place to "vent" loathing a Ford vehicle. Maybe I'm the sensitive one...maybe I'm too optimistic or realistic for some. I'm not here to find fault or issue, but there's a point where a vehicle goes wrong. Sorry if anyone is offended, I just don't see the point coming on a Ford forum trashing on ford. If it's a huge issue GO to FORD...tell them about the issue. Note it here so others may know hey my bronco did the same thing. But it's a new vehicle, sometimes the supplier is to blame, sometimes you just get a bad vehicle and Ford needs to make that right.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your last 3 vehicles never had a repair?...You must not keep them long. Every Model of car can have something go wrong? Should have kept them then. Can you tell me of any product in existence that is absolutely perfect? SMH
You misread what I said:
I said: "My last three vehicles (Ford, Mazda, Cheverolet) never went back to the dealership for repair"

And I did keep them a while:
  • The Ford, an Escape, I kept 13 years and 266,000 miles. Never down until an alternator at 150,000 miles. All other maintenance done myself.
  • The Mazda, I kept five years and 70,000 miles. Did maintenance myself and zero repairs.
  • The Chevrolet, my current vehicle, coming up on four years (40K miles), and zero repairs.
And I don't know of any perfect vehicle and certainly never hinted at such. Sorry to ruffle your feathers, I only responded to the "this is not a Ford thing", which it is. I never discounted contributing factors such as Covid, 1st year model, and so on. None of those factors change the fact that these issues reflect upon Ford and the Bronco Sport. Ford released this product at risk, during the pandemic, knowing the global supply situation.

Last edited:

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Absolutely agree and most just post "hey I'm so upset because" and others "can't believe this happens." But it seems a few like to Ford bash. Fine...then this isn't likely a good place to "vent" loathing a Ford vehicle. Maybe I'm the sensitive one...maybe I'm too optimistic or realistic for some. I'm not here to find fault or issue, but there's a point where a vehicle goes wrong. Sorry if anyone is offended, I just don't see the point coming on a Ford forum trashing on ford. If it's a huge issue GO to FORD...tell them about the issue. Note it here so others may know hey my bronco did the same thing. But it's a new vehicle, sometimes the supplier is to blame, sometimes you just get a bad vehicle and Ford needs to make that right.
Certainly don't take my objective comment as "Ford bashing", I've stated that my Escape was the most reliable vehicle I've owned and I have a BS Outer Banks on order with a substantial non-refundable deposit. That said, I refuse to arm-wave off a legitimate concern out of blind loyalty to a brand. Even if a fan.

This is a Ford Bronco enthusiast's site. We are all here to not only celebrate this new vehicle, but also to discuss its issues and problems. If this is discouraged, the value of the forum is diminished.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
if you are fearing issues, the Bronco sport is a terrible purchase at this point.
Any issues with yours so far? Cracked windshield, paint chips down to metal, strange rattling noises, driving lights stuck on? Any of that stuff happening?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Take this as bashing however you want, but I just don't think any car built in 2020 is going to last as long as one from 1990 or 2000. The systems are too complex. The tolerances are really tight and there are just too many cuts made in material strength and quality for each component to have the same service life.

Stack that with a first MY and a year of built-during-Covid work days and there's certainly a lot of reasons to be extra cautious and watchful for issues to arise. But everything is also a lot more connected than 1990 or 2000, so the Bronco can report issues back directly to Ford. Owners and fans can spread and compare experience and information to weed out faults that might otherwise get hidden. Remember how long they tried to deny and finger point away the Firestone problem?

Each time someone posts a problem and the resolution, I'll take note in case I end up in the same spot. A dead battery in 900 miles can be 50,000 things from a faulty part to a draining circuit. It certainly isn't an easy diagnosis or repair.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So yesterday, on a Sunday during a holiday weekend of course, I drove to the store about a mile from the house. Come back out, no dash, infotainment screen , nothin. Push to start just flashes. Got a jump start and it does again when out into gear. Just dead. Power windows and such still worked fine. Towed to the dealer and now have to wait on Tuesday to find out the problem. 900 miles and this issue already? Geez
Same here!!! I will post my own post so this doesn't get lost.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Certainly don't take my objective comment as "Ford bashing", I've stated that my Escape was the most reliable vehicle I've owned and I have a BS Outer Banks on order with a substantial non-refundable deposit. That said, I refuse to arm-wave off a legitimate concern out of blind loyalty to a brand. Even if a fan.

This is a Ford Bronco enthusiast's site. We are all here to not only celebrate this new vehicle, but also to discuss its issues and problems. If this is discouraged, the value of the forum is diminished.
Agree a hundred. Nobody’s bashing Ford, am I surprised and disappointed that I’m having issues with a car with 500 miles on it? Yes, In fact I’m totally blindsided. I love this car and am super bummed, and yes also a little pissed off. I don’t think it’s ridiculous to be surprised at these issues. Just don’t roll the cars out if they’re not ready. But nobody’s bashing. I’ll be reporting back what happens with mine. Calling tuesday.
Sponsored