Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Does anyone have any other ideas for vehicles similar to the Bronco Sport in terms of capabilities?

Itā€™s been hard waiting for the Bronco Sport and hearing of the delays.
like what Cabezone replied with, depends on what youā€™re looking to do with your vehicle.

in all honesty, 99% of the trails iā€™m looking to do could be done in a kitted out rav4 adventure (or trd off-road). I was crossshopping this and the forester while looking at the bronco sport. i couldā€™ve saved on a used ā€˜19 rav4 and done a bunch of mods with the extra money + better mpg and would be at the same price range as what i payed for (owned the BS badlands for 3 weeks now).

if you want better mpg iā€™d look at those crossovers that have good mod potential. or if you want that capable jeep trail rated badge, get a Jeep with lockers.

BS badlands seemed like a good middle ground for me and still rugged / capable from factory.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
in all honesty, 99% of the trails iā€™m looking to do could be done in a kitted out rav4 adventure (or trd off-road). I was crossshopping this and the forester while looking at the bronco sport.
Same here. I'm leery on RAV4 Adventure because the highway noise and 'whistling' sound from air passing over the side mirror at > 60 mph. Not sure if you noticed that if you took one for a test drive.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
like what Cabezone replied with, depends on what youā€™re looking to do with your vehicle.

in all honesty, 99% of the trails iā€™m looking to do could be done in a kitted out rav4 adventure (or trd off-road). I was crossshopping this and the forester while looking at the bronco sport. i couldā€™ve saved on a used ā€˜19 rav4 and done a bunch of mods with the extra money + better mpg and would be at the same price range as what i payed for (owned the BS badlands for 3 weeks now).

if you want better mpg iā€™d look at those crossovers that have good mod potential. or if you want that capable jeep trail rated badge, get a Jeep with lockers.

BS badlands seemed like a good middle ground for me and still rugged / capable from factory.
Thanks for the suggestions. I feel the same way that the Bronco Sport is a good middle ground. Itā€™s almost like an ā€œall in oneā€ package.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks for the suggestions. I feel the same way that the Bronco Sport is a good middle ground. Itā€™s almost like an ā€œall in oneā€ package.
I would have waited for it but I ended up really liking the Trailhawk.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
There are (or more accurately, WERE) a lot of aspects I like about Subaru but I have driven them with the CVT and i just can't stand the weird rubber band feeling. I always feel like the older 2004/2005-ish Foresters with big grilled fog lamps and Outbacks when they were more wagon-y had more character than the recent Subaru offerings. Even the CrossTrek just doesn't cut it for me. I don't decide on a car based on looks BUT i'd be lying if I said that looks don't play a role. CrossTrek just looks weird with the curvy roof/Impreza look.... well it IS an Impreza on stilts for the most part.

The square, classic lines of the BS just has so much more character than anything Subaru offers right now. And I always like my cars to have a BIT more power than I really NEED in practical life. And the B/S 2.0L engine does exactly that. The CrossTrek (i have driven my BIL's) has adequate power BUT with the CVT it just didn't feel like quite enough.

So for all those reasons and many that I have mentioned elsewhere, the BS just has more character and enough power for me, VS a Crosstrek

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I actually like how they all look...lol. unlike both boxy and egg shaped cars. My least favorite of them all is actually the Cherokee I ended up getting. I love the color this so that went a long way to alleviating the pain of how the Cherokee looks.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
So Ive been cross shopping the Cherokee Trailhawk..... and I like it.

Not sure what to do.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

Not sure what to do.
If you've test driven both and like both, it's a tough choice. If you don't need the low range or locking rear I personally would pick the Badlands, assuming I liked them both equally. The AWD setup is better for casual offroading than the locking stuff in the Trailhawk.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360

Not sure what to do.
What in particular do you like about the Trailhawk over the BS?
Sponsored