Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hello all!

I’m picking up my BL + BL on Monday and can’t wait to get it. I do have a questions around the Class II receiver. I’ve generally thought class 2 receivers to be 1.25 inches, but I’ve seen a couple people in this forum mention it’s actually a 2 inch receiver on the Sport. Can anyone confirm the size?

Thanks!
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I don’t have mine yet but I checked one out at the dealer and it’s definitely a 2”. I had the same concern.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I had the same concern, but research showed a 2” class II is just weight-restricted.

Ryneal21

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Speaking of these hitches, does anyone know why they are on preorder instead of actually being out for release? I called my local dealer and they said that they are waiting for them with no confirmation of what the hold up is.

OP
OP

broncoben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Speaking of these hitches, does anyone know why they are on preorder instead of actually being out for release? I called my local dealer and they said that they are waiting for them with no confirmation of what the hold up is.
I’m not sure. I opted for the Class II Trailer Tow package but haven’t heard about any delays.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bronco Sport is experiencing delays because of tow package. And has been since at least early February when shortage of moonroof, tow package, and gray roof paint for BL caused a month long production delay for some orders with those options. Most recent reference below:

Taken from Ice-Capades at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65125-production-week-scheduling-information/&page=22

• 21MY Bronco Sport OTD Orders – Please note that orders without Class II Trailer Tow Package (53B) will schedule more quickly; therefore please consider removing this option from your orders.

Ryneal21

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bronco Sport is experiencing delays because of tow package. And has been since at least early February when shortage of moonroof, tow package, and gray roof paint for BL caused a month long production delay for some orders with those options. Most recent reference below:
This is great information to have, thank you very much.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good info., but sounds crazy -- it's a hunk of steel, a few bolts, and a separate mold for the rear bumper cover -- plus the 4-pin wiring and socket. Are they short "anti-sway system chips?" And gray roof paint? Almost ZERO examples in the wild, they're all black or body-color. But who can't just mix up some more gray paint? Weird...

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Good info., but sounds crazy -- it's a hunk of steel, a few bolts, and a separate mold for the rear bumper cover -- plus the 4-pin wiring and socket. Are they short "anti-sway system chips?" And gray roof paint? Almost ZERO examples in the wild, they're all black or body-color. But who can't just mix up some more gray paint? Weird...
You might have just solved it with the lack of “anti-sway chips”. Not sure if it’s separate but I wouldn’t be surprised.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Hello all!

I’m picking up my BL + BL on Monday and can’t wait to get it. I do have a questions around the Class II receiver. I’ve generally thought class 2 receivers to be 1.25 inches, but I’ve seen a couple people in this forum mention it’s actually a 2 inch receiver on the Sport. Can anyone confirm the size?

Thanks!
It is 2" with 4 prong flat connector.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You might have just solved it with the lack of “anti-sway chips”. Not sure if it’s separate but I wouldn’t be surprised.
It is indeed the chip, separate module for the tow package. If this gives you perspective, here is a next gen smoothie machine....SMOOTHIES. count the chips just to mix your favorite pulverized fruit. Damn millennials???
Ford Bronco Sport Class II Trailer Receiver? smoothiev2_feat
Sponsored