First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It's true, you don't have to buy it. However, they are being deceptive in their advertised pricing, and everyone knows that half the battle is just getting you in the door.
If Ford wants to raise the price, go ahead and raise it. However, I don't like them being able to advertise a lower price, and then nail people with a ridiculous 1500.00 delivery fee when they show up at the dealer. I hope they lose this suit, even if the lawyers get all the money.
If they are allowed to continue this deceptive practice. It will also cause other manufactures to put their price increases in the delivery fee just to compete, and before you know it you will have 3k added to all vehicles.
They aren't advertising a lower price and nailing you when they go to buy. Get a quote from dealer, do build and price, or look at window sticker. Guess what you see? The delivery charge is listed right there in all of those places. Nothing is hidden. Ford is being transparent about this extra cost. If you see the lower price in advertising I am sure there is fine print stating excludes delivery fees. If ppl are dumb enough to not research to determine out the door cost on a vehicle that is there fault.
Sponsored

Kara37

First Name
Kara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
They aren't advertising a lower price and nailing you when they go to buy. Get a quote from dealer, do build and price, or look at window sticker. Guess what you see? The delivery charge is listed right there in all of those places. Nothing is hidden. Ford is being transparent about this extra cost. If you see the lower price in advertising I am sure there is fine print stating excludes delivery fees. If ppl are dumb enough to not research to determine out the door cost on a vehicle that is there fault.

Oh, yes they are advertising a lower price. All the ads on TV and print advertise the price without the delivery fee.
Although, they may say plus delivery, tax, and tag. People expect the delivery fee to be the actual delivery fee, and not more money for the price of the vehicle. Just like they expect the tag and taxes to be the actual cost.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
In most class action suits the plaintiffs don't get enough to buy dinner and the lawyers make millions. People always have the option of not doing business with a company if they don't like their prices or policies.
[/QUOTE
It's true, you don't have to buy it. However, they are being deceptive in their advertised pricing, and everyone knows that half the battle is just getting you in the door.
If Ford wants to raise the price, go ahead and raise it. However, I don't like them being able to advertise a lower price, and then nail people with a ridiculous 1500.00 delivery fee when they show up at the dealer. I hope they lose this suit, even if the lawyers get all the money.
If they are allowed to continue this deceptive practice. It will also cause other manufactures to put their price increases in the delivery fee just to compete, and before you know it you will have 3k added to all vehicles.
Exactly right! If everyone pays the same fee then it's just deceptive marketing not to put it in the "msrp" up front. Much more upset over dealer "doc" fee or "acquisition" fee but solution to that is not to buy a hot car!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Oh, yes they are advertising a lower price. All the ads on TV and print advertise the price without the delivery fee.
Although, they may say plus delivery, tax, and tag. People expect the delivery fee to be the actual delivery fee, and not more money for the price of the vehicle. Just like they expect the tag and taxes to be the actual cost.
Ok ok you win. Sign up for the law suite and go sue Ford.

Kara37

First Name
Kara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Lawsuits like this result in two things:
Lawyers make more money
Prices increase to pay for them
Sue away, morons
Normally, I would have a response. However, I have found that people that have to resort to name calling, are the ones that are intellectually challenged.
You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Get a quote to ship an auto from Mexico to Michigan and see if you think $1500 is rediculous. All freight haulers have fuel adjustment clauses in their contracts. Biden's war on fossil fuel is adding to inflation and the cost of everything we buy. Just about a year ago nat gas was less than $2/Dthm, today it's over $6. All manufacturers use lots of nat gas. Get ready for some big utitility bills this winter, too. In the end higher manufacturing, transportation costs and tax increases get added into the price of the product and the consumer pays for them. Doesn't really matter much where that $1500 is listed on the sticker.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I have no pitty for the people who get sucked into this law suit.
As my mentor and life coach Forrest Gump said,
“Stupid is as stupid does” !
:,P

Last edited:

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I have no pitty for the people who get sucked into this law suit.
As my mentor and life coach Forrest Gump said,
“Stupid is as stupid does” !
:,P
I have a bigger issue ford stating $1000 rebate on cars purchased from 9/1 -9/31/2021. I called Ford Marketing and they said based on my zip code I was not eligible for the promotion.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I have a bigger issue ford stating $1000 rebate on cars purchased from 9/1 -9/31/2021. I called Ford Marketing and they said based on my zip code I was not eligible for the promotion.
At right there is another reason I work at NOT paying attention to marketing and advertising.
I first saw my BS In December 2021, I bought the thing, drove it home, done deal.
Every advertised so called rebate I’ve ever seen a Car dealer, new or used offer was the old mark’em up then mark’em down game.
I don’t play games with my money :,P

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
At right there is another reason I work at NOT paying attention to marketing and advertising.
I first saw my BS In December 2021, I bought the thing, drove it home, done deal.
Every advertised so called rebate I’ve ever seen a Car dealer, new or used offer was the old mark’em up then mark’em down game.
I don’t play games with my money :,P
That’s what Ford has done. The retail price went up $600 from 2021 to the 2022 badlands model. I’m assuming the price bump was other trim levels. I’ll take the $1,000 from Ford vs getting nothing. Incidentally, Ford is not doing this out of the kindness of their heart. They know customers won’t wait 3,4,5, months let alone a year, so it’s more of a carrot ? hung in front of the deal to keep you occupied verses loosing a customer to Chevy, Kia, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
A lot of companies do this in some fashion or another. And if they didn’t they would just build it into the cost of their product.
Repair shops charge a “shop supplies fee”
Cellular carriers charge an activation or upgrade fee. What would be criminal is if these fees were not disclosed and all of a sudden you got a bill in the mail for them after you accepted delivery and paid for msrp. GameStop for at least the last decade will advertise 50% extra trade in on your used console. What they don’t tell you is the week before they were trading in that same console for nearly the same price off sale but they reduce the trade in price for a week or two so they can make that claim to get you in the door. Slimy? Maybe. Illegal?….I guess the courts will decide. But this is why I research as a consumer as best I can to not get caught off guard.

Last edited:

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I am not lawyer but I cannot think I would be very hard to disprove this "deceptive" pricing as Ford.com and 3 of the Ford dealers around here all state on the window sticker, their webpages, AND the build section of the destination cost prior to any paper work being signed or before you even contact a single sales rep.
Sponsored