SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
~26k. There is/was a recall. I just chose less hassle of doing them myself instead of trying to get in to the dealer. I'm pretty rural, commute far and didn't feel like having to find a good time, worrying about a loaner vehicle, etc. Took me less than hour start to finish - with a break in between to feed my animals.

I will say, that they weren't so worn in that I would be concerned with the braking... BUT gosh were they noisy. Whale dying noisy.

I see, but the recall will still show outstanding won't it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I see, but the recall will still show outstanding won't it?
Sure, but it's not like they're going to come knocking on my door for it. I know they're changed, so it can stay outstanding. 🤷‍♀️ I do most/all of my maintenance as long as it doesn't void warranties, and once it is out of warranty, it's fair game if I'm able to do it myself.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just so you know, the recall was to replace the front brakes, not the rear. It didn't have anything to do with the noise.
Sure, but it's not like they're going to come knocking on my door for it. I know they're changed, so it can stay outstanding. 🤷‍♀️ I do most/all of my maintenance as long as it doesn't void warranties, and once it is out of warranty, it's fair game if I'm able to do it myself.
Just so you know, the recall was not for the rear brakes--and it was unrelated to the noise many report. There was talk initially that the fix for the recall would be replacing the rear brakes, but ultimately Ford decided to address the problem with new front brake pads. More info here:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/front-brake-pads-recall.4773/#post-87275

Last edited:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Just so you know, the recall was to replace the front brakes, not the rear. It didn't have anything to do with the noise.

Just so you know, the recall was not for the rear brakes--and it was unrelated to the noise many report. There was talkin initially that the fix for the recall would be replacing the rear brakes, but ultimately Ford decided to address the problem with new front brake pads. More info here:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/front-brake-pads-recall.4773/#post-87275
Bingo! I was about to say that. Also, if the recall WAS the rear brakes, as mentioned a) the car will still show pending recall, and b) how does he know that part number (if it were the rears) were the updated part number?

Oh well, its his car. His life. @nch5013 well done. If nothing else, you motivated me to do mine in hopes of getting rid of the reverse groan.

Last edited:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Bingo! I was about to say that. Also, if the recall WAS the rear brakes, as mentioned a) the car will still show pending recall, and b) how does he know that part number (if it were the rears) were the updated part number?

Oh well, its his car. His life. @nch5013 well done. If nothing else, you motivated me to do mine in hopes of getting rid of the reverse groan.
I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong pronouns. Maybe an apology and/or edit is in your future?

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

Just so you know, the recall was not for the rear brakes--and it was unrelated to the noise many report. There was talk initially that the fix for the recall would be replacing the rear brakes, but ultimately Ford decided to address the problem with new front brake pads. More info here:

I think that's what I had last seen and assumed it was the rear...especially since when I had my tires changed out, the guys at the shop said the rears looked a little rough.

I see the NTSB bulletin/recall notice that it is indeed the front with the recall. I'll call my dealership on those I suppose. No rush if the notice told you to keep driving all this time while waiting on parts...

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong pronouns. Maybe an apology and/or edit is in your future?
LMAO. No biggie. I mean, my hair is in a braid and I'm holding a fish... all while forum talking about maintenancing my own car. Not saying women like me don't exist (I mean hello, here I am), but I know there are fewer of us that do those things typically. Not offended or hurt by the comment. Made me giggle at the banter actually.

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

I wish I'd done it sooner to be honest. They are quiet as a mouse. No more looks at the store when backing out of parking places. :rockon:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
LMAO. No biggie. I mean, my hair is in a braid and I'm holding a fish... all while forum talking about maintenancing my own car. Not saying women like me don't exist (I mean hello, here I am), but I know there are fewer of us that do those things typically. Not offended or hurt by the comment. Made me giggle at the banter actually.
I was really just poking fun at @bjbena and I do believe he took it that way. We can all make fun of each others mistakes, at least there is a core group of us that can take the poking now and then.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You and I would get along well. Appreciated seeing @bjbena correct your pronouns. Nothing cooler than when people admit mistakes without a big old fuss.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'll call my dealership on those I suppose. No rush if the notice told you to keep driving all this time while waiting on parts...
Exactly. The only time it should be a concern is if your brake booster fails, which means a bad part, or an engine failure--neither of which seems very likely. According to the recall notice, in that situation your car will not stop within the distance specified by the NTSB for vehicles with a brake booster failure.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
No more looks at the store when backing out of parking places. :rockon:
That would be worth spending an afternoon of work.

You did not resurface the rotors either, right?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I was really just poking fun at @bjbena and I do believe he took it that way. We can all make fun of each others mistakes, at least there is a core group of us that can take the poking now and then.
You and I would get along well. Appreciated seeing @bjbena correct your pronouns. Nothing cooler than when people admit mistakes without a big old fuss.
Its all good. I think the fish threw me off...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You did not resurface the rotors either, right?
I have changed brake pads in past and used 180 grit sand paper on sanding block to rough up the rotors knock the glaze off. Then clean rotors with Brake Parts Cleaner. Has worked well for me for cases where rotors not warped and still have uniform surface.
Sponsored