CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The Borla ATAK is actually larger (even though it has less "guts") than the S, so it will not fit. I just found out from Corsa that they DO have a Pro Series as an axle-back that would fit the Bronco Sport! CP300CTR
They said it's much louder than stock and much louder than Borla S. So, I'm game. My installer is checking to see what price he can get for the Corsa's. The problem is there is no returns on the Borla.

Anyone interested in purchasing the 3" axle-back Borla S (black tips included) from me? PM me if interested.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I swapped out my factory muffler and resonator for custom exhaust using two 2.25" SS Vibrant mufflers with 3" tips. This cost less than half what Borla and others are selling and sounds better IMO. Alone there was next to no HP gain. Simply replacing the exhaust rarely gets you the expected gain unless you install a CAI at the same time. Both compliment each other. Open up the exhaust you need to open the intake to see some gain. In my case there wasn't a huge difference but it was noticeable, especially in MPG gain. Without doing a Dyno Test its really hard to say how much I gained in HP. Along with full synthetic oil, Bell Labs oil additive, increased tire pressure 4lbs and ethanol free 90 I get a 24K avg of 31 mpg. At best 50mpg crusing at 55 on the flats with no headwinds and 10' above sea level. The sweet spot is between 45 and 55. My driving style is very conservative which also makes a big difference.
By changing out only the exhaust you get the cool factor and nice sound but not much else. Adding programming performance chip is where you will get the best bang for your buck in a HP gain. But beware, this also may void the warranty on engine problems if any. IMO i would wait until the warranty expires. The money I've spent has already been paid back in MPG gain, plus it sounds awesome and looks good too. I would definitely do it again if I ever buy another BS.
Do you have any pictures of your exhaust you can post it sounds interesting i would like to see them?

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I had the Flowmaster FX on my BB BS at idle it sounded great and didn't sound too loud accelerating but the drone at 1,500 and 2,000 i didn't like!!And IMO even with the Pedal Max it seemed like it lost low end torque over the stock exhaust!!They claim 4hp and 4 lb.ft of torque increase but at 5,700 rpm!!