Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Has anyone found some good alternatives to the CMS?

I am pretty bummed I did not include it in order. I already had a build date when I realized that it was not a dealer-installed option or a simple shelf I could buy through the parts dept.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If you BS is not built yet maybe your dealer can add that option before it gets built?

OP
OP
Petes

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
If you BS is not built yet maybe your dealer can add that option before it gets built?
My dealer tried and was not able to add it. My BS has a tentative delivery date of 4/8 so now I’m just looking for alternatives.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Has anyone found some good alternatives to the CMS?

I am pretty bummed I did not include it in order. I already had a build date when I realized that it was not a dealer-installed option or a simple shelf I could buy through the parts dept.
I saw the CMS in a Badlands yesterday. After seeing it, and watching the dealership salesman struggle with it, I tried it myself and although it wasn't awful to deploy, it would bind in track if not really careful sliding it. Also the side rails diminish the usable space, and the table/shelf itself was in the way even when folded (for my needs). My wife's question was, "why didn't they recess the track rather than have it protrude into the cargo space?"

I usually opt for the larger Rola cargo organizer in my SUVs and the Cargo Management System would only be in the way. I would have preferred a traditional cargo shade.

My preference:

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System alternatives? Rola1.JPG

And folded:

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System alternatives? Rola2.JPG

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Before I had seen it, I considered it a "must-have" at the price, but I am thankful that I did not order it blindly as it is something I definitely do not want.

It was kludgy enough that I concluded it may have been an afterthought, a project assigned to a junior designer to make something unique, similar to all the gimmickry in the Honda Element.

OP
OP
Petes

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
I saw the CMS in a Badlands yesterday. After seeing it, and watching the dealership salesman struggle with it, I tried it myself and although it wasn't awful to deploy, it would bind in track if not really careful sliding it. Also the side rails diminish the usable space, and the table/shelf itself was in the way even when folded (for my needs). My wife's question was, "why didn't they recess the track rather than have it protrude into the cargo space?"

I usually opt for the larger Rola cargo organizer in my SUVs and the Cargo Management System would only be in the way. I would have preferred a traditional cargo shade.

My preference:

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System alternatives? Rola1.JPG

And folded:

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System alternatives? Rola2.JPG

Thank you I’ll definitely check this out.

I also found this that caught my eye.

CargoTech by WeatherTech

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System alternatives? 621BBAFD-063E-4B23-85CF-D3EE7667A4B1

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
I thought about adding it. Mainly to use the top shelf as a cover...

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I thought about adding it. Mainly to use the top shelf as a cover...
I considered that too, but there's not much room under it. Much less than retractable cargo covers typically provide.

OP
OP
Petes

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
None of the alternates do what the intended function is, which is to allow you to pile stuff on top of each other but having access to stuff underneath without taking everything out.
True, although If I would have ordered it I think I would use it in the vertical function a lot.

I hope some sort of easy to set up shelving system gets released. I would love to have that horizontal division of space and use it as a cago cover of sorts.

SoCalStig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Fusion
Up until about 30 minutes ago I was totally considering the Cargo Management System for when I start a serious search for a Badlands. Looking closer at how low down in the cargo area it sits (below the rear seatbacks), coupled with the way the rails the unit sits on take valuable cargo space away, I think I will move away from it. I hope that the aftermarket comes up with some kind of retractable cargo cover that sits roughly level with the windows of the cargo area.
I have a '06 Expedition, which oddly didn't have any kind of factory cargo area cover. I was able to fabricate a cargo cover with PVC pipe, an adjustable shower curtain rod, closet rod mounts and some fabric with sleeves sewed at opposite sides. Works pretty good for what i need it to.
Would a cargo area cover from a previous generation Escape be close enough in width to be able to be adapted to fit?

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This thread makes me feel a lot better about not getting the CMS. That was the ONE option I overlooked and wish I hadn't. Mainly that "A privacy cover the CMS is not" and thats really what I want.

OP, I just made this post you might be interested in looking at. I went and bought the official bronco rear cargo organizer in the bundle. I'm pretty happy with it.

The guy in this thread got the official Ford soft cargo organizer. He has a good picture showing it does go the length of the cargo area. But you will also notice the CMS is too low to go over the cargo organizer.

Last edited:

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Up until about 30 minutes ago I was totally considering the Cargo Management System for when I start a serious search for a Badlands. Looking closer at how low down in the cargo area it sits (below the rear seatbacks), coupled with the way the rails the unit sits on take valuable cargo space away, I think I will move away from it. I hope that the aftermarket comes up with some kind of retractable cargo cover that sits roughly level with the windows of the cargo area.
I have a '06 Expedition, which oddly didn't have any kind of factory cargo area cover. I was able to fabricate a cargo cover with PVC pipe, an adjustable shower curtain rod, closet rod mounts and some fabric with sleeves sewed at opposite sides. Works pretty good for what i need it to.
Would a cargo area cover from a previous generation Escape be close enough in width to be able to be adapted to fit?
I'm pretty sure the escape ones will NOT work. Here is a good article on the 2021 cargo cover which is unique and differs from the previous models. Either way, there is no support connections in the BS. I'm thinking someone could make a cover to tie on to the 4 tie down spots in the BS maybe?
Sponsored