Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
I see these as some awesome cargo for the roof rack. Not sure if they are water tight but looking at them you could make them that way I think.
Sponsored

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like that substitution!! Don't really see how one could obtain the storage underneath like the OEM CM system has but hey those look like they could work for some that just want a basic crate functionality.
it is definitely a temporary solution, for now, but the extra crates/lids offers some some visual privacy for prying eyes!

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I see these as some awesome cargo for the roof rack. Not sure if they are water tight but looking at them you could make them that way I think.
I guess you could get creative, but definitely not sturdy enough to haul heavy items, I would think they would crack or break over time if not properly packed. ?

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
If I had the choice I would not have bought the CMS but my Big Bend came with it and I figured $120 was a small price to pay to get on the road. What I learned in this thread that amazes me is that it’s not just the sputzy shelf but also the side panels that support it are unique to the system. And yes it costs you a couple of inches in compartment width.
What I have found in my limited time useage so far is that it does suit my needs very well with the addition of a couple of 13x19x11 milk crates to hold loose items like tools, shoes, bottles etc. That still leaves about 1/2 of the floor space for more and the shelf does serve as a cover with perhaps light bags on top.
Worth it all in all but the folding legs idea remains a puzzle as far as utility goes.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
If I had the choice I would not have bought the CMS but my Big Bend came with it and I figured $120 was a small price to pay to get on the road. What I learned in this thread that amazes me is that it’s not just the sputzy shelf but also the side panels that support it are unique to the system. And yes it costs you a couple of inches in compartment width.
What I have found in my limited time useage so far is that it does suit my needs very well with the addition of a couple of 13x19x11 milk crates to hold loose items like tools, shoes, bottles etc. That still leaves about 1/2 of the floor space for more and the shelf does serve as a cover with perhaps light bags on top.
Worth it all in all but the folding legs idea remains a puzzle as far as utility goes.

You've seen how the legs support it when you pull it out further to act like a table so you don't reach in as far right? I think the pictures may help you comprehend its functionality as opposed to milk crates.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The crates fit perfectly underneath the shelf to organize/hold all the smaller loose Items and provide easy toting. The usefulness of being able to slide the shelf out another 8” or so on the legs is I guess in the eye of the beholder. I know that at the auto show that particular feature seemed to intrigue folks more than any other single thing!

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We use a piece of black cloth to act as a viewing deterrent tossed over the crap in the back of the Explorer. Works well to keep prying eyes out. Going to do the same in Bronco Sport after I corral some Instacrates

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
We use a piece of black cloth to act as a viewing deterrent tossed over the crap in the back of the Explorer. Works well to keep prying eyes out. Going to do the same in Bronco Sport after I corral some Instacrates
We do the same in the FJ cruiser we have. We just take a black blanket and throw it over stuff. Visually is does the same thing as a cargo cover. In fact we like it better because it fools the eyes into thinking there is nothing there because there is no high level cargo covers, which says “Hey! There is stuff under me”. A blanket sits on top of stuff and makes people think that is the “floor” of the cargo area. Been doing it for 10 years with no issue.

andrewwink

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
anyone here have recommendations for storing golf clubs? i was going to do the obvious and fold the one seat on the right down but i feel like they will still slide around

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
anyone here have recommendations for storing golf clubs? i was going to do the obvious and fold the one seat on the right down but i feel like they will still slide around
I haven't tried it but can you run the seat belt from the folded down seat across to the other buckle?
From there you can decide if you need to tie it down further.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

DebLM

Heritage
First Name
Debra