teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
When I completed the purchase of my 2021 Bronco Sport FE, it turned out I had 141,000 points on my FordPass! I own several Fords and really had no idea those points were accumulating based on purchasing several new Fords as well as other vehicle expenses. So someone at the dealership suggested I buy some accessories for my Bronco Sport. As noted in this forum, Ford has a great BS accessories catalog you can view at https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/bronco_sport_accessories-with-msrp-pdf.4731/.

Here are the things I purchased along with photos and observations:

1. CARGO AREA PROTECTOR - This floor mat for the rear cargo area is sharp. Listed on Page 7 of the catalog, $134.99. My Bronco already had a "vinyl" floor in the back, so in some ways this floor mat is kind of overkill. Not sure you really need it if you have the vinyl floor, but it looks nice.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614374200965

2. ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS - Page 32 of the accessories catalog - $170. So my FE has the "vinyl" floor but came with carpet floor mats which get dirty very quickly. The all-weather mats work great and are similar to Weathertech floor mats. They have a "scoop" design so they accumulate any dirt and debris and can be easily removed and cleaned. The two front mats snap onto the "posts" in the front floor areas to secure them in place. The "rear" mats are a two-piece unit. one piece covers the left floor and console and the other covers the right floor. The area over the middle has a nice Bronco logo. These floor mats are making it much easier to keep my BS clean. There are two photos below showing both the front and back mats.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375153926

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375185619

3. DASH CAM - FRONT CAMERA with REAR CAMERA - Page 8 of accessories catalog - $329. I wasn't sure this was something I really needed but since it was basically FREE with my massive Ford points I sprung for it. There are a few warning issues on this but overall I like it. One camera mounts under the rear-view mirror on the windshield and the other mounts on the rear hatch window. Basically this device continuously records everything in front and in the rear of your vehicle when the vehicle is on, and records it on a loop on a Micro SD card. You can watch the video on your cell phone using a downloaded app, or you can remove the SD card and watch the videos on your computer. A card reader adapter comes with the kit. The video quality is good, but noticeably not as good in the rear due to the "tinting" of the rear window, but still not bad. This kit is great for having an archive of where you have been, or would be good if you were to be in an accident, etc. Also if you are a big off-road person and want to re-live your 4WD adventures, you will love it. It works well and is a nice toy. So here are the issues: 1) No one at the Ford dealership where I got my car seemed to know very much about these cameras. 2) These cameras are not really a product that is specific to the Bronco Sport but will work in them. 3) Installation requires a cable to be routed through the vehicle ceiling, so you are likely going to want to have the dealer install the cameras and figure on another $200 or so for that expense in addition to the price of the camera kit. Get a quote first. 4) These cameras do NOT play through the SYNC system or on the vehicle's display screen. Even the people at the dealership assumed that would be the case, but it isn't. You either watch the videos on your cell phone or on your computer. 5) Every time you start your vehicle, a little female voice tells you your dash cams will now begin continuous recording. I find this kind of annoying and wish I could turn that off. 6) Note in the catalog there is an option for the "infared" cameras. I am told the "infared" cameras are "rear facing" so you install them to record what is inside the vehicle rather than outside, such as an Uber driver might want. Be aware to buy the correct model.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375808196

4. WEATHER TECH BUMP STEP - This is not a Ford accessory but it's a pretty cool addition to my BS FE! I saw this on a TV commercial and bought one. It "plugs in" to your trailer hitch receptacle and serves as a bumper protector and a "step" to allow you to step up to reach the roof of your vehicle (or your luggage rack or car-top carrier). I think this is a pretty handy item. If someone hits your vehicle from behind at a low speed, the Bump Step will absorb the impact and may help prevent serious damage to your vehicle. It comes in a 12" width like the one in the photo below for $60, or you can get a 24-inch wide model for $100. You can buy them at www.weathertech.com or at other retailers. I like the way mine looks on my BS FE.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614376194535

5. BUMPER PROTECTOR - Found on Page 13 of accessories catalog, $78.57. I have owned many Ford SUVs and it is easy to get the top of the bumper damaged. This pad strip goes over the top of the bumper and keeps it from being scratched or marred by falling objects. I think this is a great investment to protect the top of your bumper. It is just a peel and stick item and it comes with a guide to help install it correctly.
Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614441508530

6. SILL PLATES (Black Platinum) - Page 37 of accessories catalog, $99. These plates go over the "BRONCO" embossed letters above the front floor panels to supposedly upgrade the look, but I honestly felt the ones that came with the car looked much better so I decided not to use the new ones. The "plates" don't seem to really match the look of my FE and they are very shiny and reflective which doesn't seem to mesh well with the overall look and feel of the vehicle. The first photo below is the door frame without the sill plate ("BRONCO" LETTERS) and the second photo shows the optional sill plate in black platinum.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377340777

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377360417

7. SOFT CARGO ORGANIZER ($80) and SOFT-SIDE COOLER BAG ($25) - page 7 of the BS accessories catalog. These are good products, but I ran into a problem. I ordered the flip up cargo shelf/table option on my BS FE and the cargo organizer is too tall to fit under it, so this item really doesn't work well for me. But it is a nice item for those without the table.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614441161111

I've had my BS FE since the first week of January. I've got about 1,700 miles on it, and I am loving the car. Every day I get honks, waves and comments from strangers who love it, too. It is a great vehicle...thanks Ford!

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377684738

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614376680849
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I completed the purchase of my 2021 Bronco Sport FE, it turned out I had 141,000 points on my FordPass! I own several Fords and really had no idea those points were accumulating based on purchasing several new Fords as well as other vehicle expenses. So someone at the dealership suggested I buy some accessories for my Bronco Sport. As noted in this forum, Ford has a great BS accessories catalog you can view at https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/bronco_sport_accessories-with-msrp-pdf.4731/.

1. CARGO AREA PROTECTOR - This floor mat for the rear cargo area is sharp. Listed on Page 7 of the catalog, $134.99. My Bronco already had a "vinyl" floor in the back, so in some ways this floor mat is kind of overkill. Not sure you really need it if you have the vinyl floor, but it looks nice.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614374200965

2. ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS - Page 32 of the accessories catalog - $170. So my FE has the "vinyl" floor but came with carpet floor mats which get dirty very quickly. The all-weather mats work great and are similar to Weathertech floor mats. They have a "scoop" design so they accumulate any dirt and debris and can be easily removed and cleaned. The two front mats snap onto the "posts" in the front floor areas to secure them in place. The "rear" mats are a two-piece unit. one piece covers the left floor and console and the other covers the right floor. The area over the middle has a nice Bronco logo. These floor mats are making it much easier to keep my BS clean. There are two photos below showing both the front and back mats.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375153926

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375185619

3. DASH CAM - FRONT CAMERA with REAR CAMERA - Page 8 of accessories catalog - $329. I wasn't sure this was something I really needed but since it was basically FREE with my massive Ford points I sprung for it. There are a few warning issues on this but overall I like it. One camera mounts under the rear-view mirror on the windshield and the other mounts on the rear hatch window. Basically this device continuously records everything in front and in the rear of your vehicle when the vehicle is on, and records it on a loop on a Micro SD card. You can watch the video on your cell phone using a downloaded app, or you can remove the SD card and watch the videos on your computer. A card reader adapter comes with the kit. The video quality is good, but noticeably not as good in the rear due to the "tinting" of the rear window, but still not bad. This kit is great for having an archive of where you have been, or would be good if you were to be in an accident, etc. Also if you are a big off-road person and want to re-live your 4WD adventures, you will love it. It works well and is a nice toy. So here are the issues: 1) No one at the Ford dealership where I got my car seemed to know very much about these cameras. 2) These cameras are not really a product that is specific to the Bronco Sport but will work in them. 3) Installation requires a cable to be routed through the vehicle ceiling, so you are likely going to want to have the dealer install the cameras and figure on another $200 or so for that expense in addition to the price of the camera kit. Get a quote first. 4) These cameras do NOT play through the SYNC system or on the vehicle's display screen. Even the people at the dealership assumed that would be the case, but it isn't. You either watch the videos on your cell phone or on your computer. 5) Every time you start your vehicle, a little female voice tells you your dash cams will now begin continuous recording. I find this kind of annoying and wish I could turn that off. 6) Note in the catalog there is an option for the "infared" cameras. I am told the "infared" cameras are "rear facing" so you install them to record what is inside the vehicle rather than outside, such as an Uber driver might want. Be aware to buy the correct model.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614375808196

4. WEATHER TECH BUMP STEP - This is not a Ford accessory but it's a pretty cool addition to my BS FE! I saw this on a TV commercial and bought one. It "plugs in" to your trailer hitch receptacle and serves as a bumper protector and a "step" to allow you to step up to reach the roof of your vehicle (or your luggage rack or car-top carrier). I think this is a pretty handy item. If someone hits your vehicle from behind at a low speed, the Bump Step will absorb the impact and may help prevent serious damage to your vehicle. It comes in a 12" width like the one in the photo below for $60, or you can get a 24-inch wide model for $100. You can buy them at www.weathertech.com or at other retailers. I like the way mine looks on my BS FE.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614376194535

5. BUMPER PROTECTOR - Found on Page 13 of accessories catalog, $78.57. I have owned many Ford SUVs and it is easy to get the top of the bumper damaged. This pad strip goes over the top of the bumper and keeps it from being scratched or marred by falling objects. I think this is a great investment to protect the top of your bumper. It is just a peel and stick item and it comes with a guide to help install it correctly.

View attachment 6954

6. SILL PLATES (Black Platinum) - Page 37 of accessories catalog, $99. These plates go over the "BRONCO" embossed letters above the front floor panels to supposedly upgrade the look, but I honestly felt the ones that came with the car looked much better so I decided not to use the new ones. The "plates" don't seem to really match the look of my FE and they are very shiny and reflective which doesn't seem to mesh well with the overall look and feel of the vehicle. The first photo below is the door frame without the sill plate ("BRONCO" LETTERS) and the second photo shows the optional sill plate in black platinum.

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377340777

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377360417

I've had my BS FE since the first week of January. I've got about 1,700 miles on it, and I am loving the car. Every day I get honks, waves and comments from strangers who love it, too. It is a great vehicle...thanks Ford!

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614377684738

Ford Bronco Sport I've Added Some Accessories to My Bronco Sport First Edition (Cyber Orange) 1614376680849
Thanks so much for working this up. Helping me in some of my decisions upgrading my own BS :)

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

View attachment 6954

Much thanks for your reviews!

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Very nice write up! Question, on the bumper protector, is it textured? Also is it rubberized/does it have any grip to it?

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
When I completed the purchase of my 2021 Bronco Sport FE, it turned out I had 141,000 points on my FordPass!

Do you know the conversion for ford points to dollars? I have 42,000 points with have no reason to use them service, and didn’t know If it’s actually enough to buy anything?

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Do you know the conversion for ford points to dollars? I have 42,000 points with have no reason to use them service, and didn’t know If it’s actually enough to buy anything?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op, don't forget the mud flaps, I find them quite functional/effective.
I bought the $49 per pair set, they say Bronco but If I had yours I'd want the expensive set.
Just a FWIW..

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Very nice! I do a lot of highway driving, and with the way people drive these days I would definitely want the cameras!

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
i’ve heard some people say $210

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I recall being told 42,000 points is worth about $200 in credit.

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Around $200

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Op, don't forget the mud flaps, I find them quite functional/effective.
I bought the $49 per pair set, they say Bronco but If I had yours I'd want the expensive set.
Just a FWIW..
Anyone with a pickup, heep, or vehicle with a higher ground clearance should have mudflaps. Annoyed by these heeps with aggressive tread tires flinging stones at everyone behind them....(just a lil’ rant sorry)
:)
Sponsored