Can you add a 110V outlet to a Big Bend?

JCornford

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've heard that some models come with a 110V outlet in the cargo area, I'd love it if I could run a compressor when I go to bike races, for changing tubeless tires etc, does anyone know if it's possible to add one?
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Glad you posted the question OP otherwise I would have missed this oddity in the amperage levels between the 1.5L and the 2.0L. (See O/M, pg.174)
Seems the 2.0 BL model gives you a better footing on carrying enough power for at least 400 watts while for some reason Ford significantly dropped the muscle on the 1.5 engine inverter. Really cheaped out with only 150 watt max.

So to partially answer your question OP, sure you can do it. Just work your way backwards when configuring what you need. Start with the compressor you're looking to use and determine the amps or the watts it will demand. Adding a few more to that level for a safety margin keeps you below popping fuses.

Ford Bronco Sport Can you add a 110V outlet to a Big Bend? 1647617179834

Reactions: MJE

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Glad you posted the question OP otherwise I would have missed this oddity in the amperage levels between the 1.5L and the 2.0L. (See O/M, pg.174)
Seems the 2.0 BL model gives you a better footing on carrying enough power for at least 400 watts while for some reason Ford significantly dropped the muscle on the 1.5 engine inverter. Really cheaped out with only 150 watt max.

So to partially answer your question OP, sure you can do it. Just work your way backwards when configuring what you need. Start with the compressor you're looking to use and determine the amps or the watts it will demand. Adding a few more to that level for a safety margin keeps you below popping fuses.

Ford Bronco Sport Can you add a 110V outlet to a Big Bend? 1647617179834
Thanks for posting that. After seeing the original OP post I actually became curious about adding one to my BB as well, for things likes small compressor or similar for when I go off mountain biking. Knowing I have a 150w headspace helps. Following this thread, if anyone has done the power point themselves I would love to hear about ease or issues with the install!

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I blew out a circuit and had to take my BS back to the dealer to repair it because of this. I hooked up a power adapter to the v12 in the back cabin space for camping equipment etc.

After a couple of days, all v12 ports stopped working.
Sponsored