jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Anyone else camp? When the kids moved out, the wife and I decided to get back into camping (both grew up camping with our parents). Started out with a popup. That lasted all of 6 months until we got tired of putting it up, taking it down, all the time, if it rained, we had to put it down to drive back home, the put it back up again to dry out. Total pain.(or am I just that lazy??) So we sold it and bought a travel trailer. Had that for 5 years and then I got even more tired of hooking it up to the truck, unhooking, etc, etc. Yes, I'm getting older and I ain't got time for that, so we went the RV route. Got a smoking deal on a 2005 Jayco Class C that has only 23,000 miles. Pretty much sold the tag along for what we paid for the RV. It has two slide outs, TONS of room inside. It's so nice to just get in and drive to our destination. Best part about it is the Bigfoot leveling system. Press a button and it levels itself. All I have to do now is hook up power, water and sewer, then pull the awning out and it's beer time!

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_1528

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_8797

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_0419
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Anyone else camp? When the kids moved out, the wife and I decided to get back into camping (both grew up camping with our parents). Started out with a popup. That lasted all of 6 months until we got tired of putting it up, taking it down, all the time, if it rained, we had to put it down to drive back home, the put it back up again to dry out. Total pain.(or am I just that lazy??) So we sold it and bought a travel trailer. Had that for 5 years and then I got even more tired of hooking it up to the truck, unhooking, etc, etc. Yes, I'm getting older and I ain't got time for that, so we went the RV route. Got a smoking deal on a 2005 Jayco Class C that has only 23,000 miles. Pretty much sold the tag along for what we paid for the RV. It has two slide outs, TONS of room inside. It's so nice to just get in and drive to our destination. Best part about it is the Bigfoot leveling system. Press a button and it levels itself. All I have to do now is hook up power, water and sewer, then pull the awning out and it's beer time!

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_1528

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_8797

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/RV'ing IMG_0419
This is just downright spooky how you and the wife went through the same progression as we did!

We camped in tents for years. The old Colman stove and lantern, pumping away to light up. Then we had our son, and eventually moved up to a Jayco Featherlight hybrid. Then the wives brother sold us their 2007 Jayco Greyhawk Class C, which is the exact model as yours!!!

Crap for mileage on that V10 engine, but what spoiled campers (?) we are now!

If you need parts or help with any repair questions, fire away in a conversation.

There is a good Jayco forum I'm a member of (10 years).

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I do two camping trips each year: the Sun N Fun Airshow in Lakeland, FL and the Airventure Airshow in Oshkosh, WI. I take the plane to Oshkosh and have camping gear stored onsite with a friend and drive down to FL with all my camping gear. Lots of fun.
Sponsored