First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm waiting until late '22 at the earliest.

I was either going to trade in my '13 Equinox at 65,000 miles, or replace the tires and brakes; given the dealer markups for the Bronco Sport and the lack of BL/BL availability with the features I want, I have chosen to keep and maintain the Equinox until the supply chain stabilizes and prices come back down.
And hopefully Ford can get the defect rates down by the time you get one. So if you wait you get lower price and most likely less defects more refined vehicle.
Sponsored

AnotherBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
This car market is not going to last and if it does we are all done anyway. This is the time to dump the so-so used car for top dollar. The BS is a nice average production vehicle and not more. The dealers are loving the shortage as now they have the upper hand. I won't play their game. For now I'll just keep what I got and detail it. There are other nice SUV like, or even better than the BS. The BS has very limited off road ability and the adds showing that is very staged and pre-planned. You're probably not going to take the BS off road anyway.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2012 Miata
This car market is not going to last and if it does we are all done anyway. This is the time to dump the so-so used car for top dollar. The BS is a nice average production vehicle and not more. The dealers are loving the shortage as now they have the upper hand. I won't play their game. For now I'll just keep what I got and detail it. There are other nice SUV like, or even better than the BS. The BS has very limited off road ability and the adds showing that is very staged and pre-planned. You're probably not going to take the BS off road anyway.
It's a seller's market... so, if you have something you can sell and still something else you can drive until it's a buyer's market again... win win...

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford just announced today 5/19 that the Hermosillo plant will be down weeks of June 21 and 28. That’s not gonna help inventory. If you want one now, buy now.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sounds a bit salty. I think the sport is more than capable for what most will use it for. And while there are other options out there, every dealer and every manufacturer is starting to see the same problems. I was looking at a Dodge Ram if the bronco didn't work out...still no call with an available 1500...it's a dry market and today it just got worse. Tons of opinions out there.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I brought my BB to CARMAX yesterday for an appraisal. I have a BB, Carbonized Gray, Ford 360 Assist, Tow Package, 18 inch wheels and rear cargo mat. Sticker was 431760. I have 3k on the odometer. CARMAX offered 34k. Offer is good for 7 days. Unbelievable that it is almost 2400 more than I paid.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is a PDF Ford put out said 50 percent of Bronco Sports are Big Bends, 25 percent are Outer Banks, 15 percent are Badlands. So Big Bends are most common.
Base and First edition for the last 10%
??‍♂ doesn't seem right to me
Seen at least 4 BL and 2 FE by me

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Base and First edition for the last 10%
??‍♂ doesn't seem right to me
Seen at least 4 BL and 2 FE by me
majority of broncos I have seen on lots in the Ohio/Michigan borderlands are Big Bend. It's the trim option most dealers pushed early in the process. They do have order/build data.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
It's a seller's market... so, if you have something you can sell and still something else you can drive until it's a buyer's market again... win win...
It's a seller's market on sale of the old car until you turn around to buy a car instead. If you, and I don't mean you you ☺, have a spare used car to sell - great, time is good for that. If you wanna upgrade then you gonna get squeezed on one end. And smaller portion that simply needs a new/used car - they gonna get screwed no matter what. Not sure how many buyers fall under each bucket though.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It's a seller's market on sale of the old car until you turn around to buy a car instead. If you, and I don't mean you you ☺, have a spare used car to sell - great, time is good for that. If you wanna upgrade then you gonna get squeezed on one end. And smaller portion that simply needs a new/used car - they gonna get screwed no matter what. Not sure how many buyers fall under each bucket though.
I'd say most with an established order are likely on the good end of the deal. If you can get what you ordered, most dealers seem to honor established deals.

JoeyBoy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I brought my BB to CARMAX yesterday for an appraisal. I have a BB, Carbonized Gray, Ford 360 Assist, Tow Package, 18 inch wheels and rear cargo mat. Sticker was 431760. I have 3k on the odometer. CARMAX offered 34k. Offer is good for 7 days. Unbelievable that it is almost 2400 more than I paid.
What? If your numbers are correct, then you purchased a Bronco Sport for 27% off of MSRP?!?!? On what universe was this?

JoeyBoy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
........ Likewise, most people looking at a bronco sport, probably aren't looking for a $700 car payment. That's just my read on the perspective. There are hundreds of other options and a volvo at that price wouldn't be one.
Hundreds? OK go ahead and name those hundred other options that you have in mind. I cannot think of one manufacture that leases for a 4 month to 1 year term. That’s what he needs. Buying? That’s not a reasonable option either, because most depreciation is in the first year of ownership. He’ll lose his shirt doing that. Subscription then is probably best way to go. That, or walk down to a local Hertz and ask to rent a car for several months.

By the way, when you consider the fact that Volvo dealerships do indeed discount from MSRP (and Bronco Sport sellers barely do), you’ll find that the Volvo XC40 is similar in price to the Bronco Sport.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hundreds? OK go ahead and name those hundred other options that you have in mind. I cannot think of one manufacture that leases for a 4 month to 1 year term. That’s what he needs. Buying? That’s not a reasonable option either, because most depreciation is in the first year of ownership. He’ll lose his shirt doing that. Subscription then is probably best way to go. That, or walk down to a local Hertz and ask to rent a car for several months.

By the way, when you consider the fact that Volvo dealerships do indeed discount from MSRP (and Bronco Sport sellers barely do), you’ll find that the Volvo XC40 is similar in price to the Bronco Sport.
Sweet join a Volvo forum. I hear they are lots of fun at parties. My bronco sport is just what I wanted and that's the point of this forum. Have a blessed day.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
That, or walk down to a local Hertz and ask to rent a car for several months.
That's not a viable option and I looked at that. It's gonna be well over 1K/month to go that route.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
That's not a viable option and I looked at that. It's gonna be well over 1K/month to go that route.
Yes rental cars are really expensive at the moment as well. My wife and I have been without a car since January while we wait for our order. It's along story but our only car was totaled. We live in the city and been doing zipcar, the occasional daily enterprise rental and I've been putting a lot of miles on my bicycle. Not having a car isn't impossible but it's getting old.
Sponsored