Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect?

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I added the door sills and bumper protector (as well as mud flaps and door ding protectors). All are OEM. I think they all look good and are good quality but the only one that seems like it was not worth the money, is the door sills. But then oddly enough, I have given two people outside my household a ride and they both complimented them. ?
Sponsored

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can't speak to the door sill protectors but I am very glad I installed the bumper protector. In addition to protecting the very scratch prone top surface of the black plastic bumper, it adds a non-slip texture and really dresses up the appearance. It looks "finished" to me - like it should have been there all along.

bumper protector.jpg
I can back this as well. We have a Great Pyrenees whos on day 2 scratched the bumper before I could get one of these installed. Def a recommended purchase

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
As the topic suggests just wondering if these types of accessories really help to keep the vehicle clean and improve future resale value? They aren't very expensive but they do apply by a sticky tape backing. Wonder if this deteriorates and eventually ruins the finish.
If they are covering the original surface and creating a barrier why wouldn't they protect?...........

Foghorn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sugg. on door sills...I am a retired signmaker, and we used a clear, sign product called " over laminate" It was designed to cover a sign, and if I recall was UV stable, and you could get spray paint and felt marker off it with paint thinner. I cut pieces of that and apply to the door sill.
My new BS arrived home yesterday, and within the hour I had applied the laminate. I used two pieces 3 in X 16 in. It will last for years. Comes off with a heat gun.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands