OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Just wanted to post my feedback regarding our '23 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks after taking it on a one week vacation from Florida to Connecticut and back. For the first time in my life, I drove not only out of state but across the country. Believe me it wasn't easy but I'm glad I did it. You only live once and it was about time to take a risk and try something I haven't done before. The reason for our trip was to visit friends and family that we haven't seen in some time. Instead of taking the easy route and flying, we decided to convert it into a road trip. May I just say that I am very impressed with how our Bronco Sport handled everything.

It's whole life was spent in the state of Florida until last week. I was feeling quite skeptical with how it would perform with Connecticut's well-known hilly, twisty roads and elevation changes. The Bronco handled it all like a champ. Not once did it struggle for power or jump gears. I figured being a small 3-cylinder turbo it would severely struggle to climb up hills. I was proven wrong. If anything, the performance got better putting it through its paces. I felt that on the way back, it seemed to have more oomph than it ever had. As a result, I love our car even more and I have a closer bond with it. Not only did the car make it to and fro with no issues, I got to drive through states I've never been to before while seeing beautiful fall foliage in the process. All while on a mission to visit some very close friends and family that always make us happy.

Here are some pics of some Connecticut beauty...

Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231030_150640016
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231031_141810634.MP
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231101_161316186
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231031_203942428
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231103_200534844

Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231029_165222441
Sponsored

Last edited:

23BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just wanted to post my feedback regarding our '23 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks after taking it on a one week vacation from Florida to Connecticut and back. For the first time in my life, I drove not only out of state but across the country. Believe me it wasn't easy but I'm glad I did it. You only live once and it was about time to take a risk and try something I haven't done before. The reason for our trip was to visit friends and family that we haven't seen in some time. Instead of taking the easy route and flying, we decided to convert it into a road trip. May I just say that I am very impressed with how our Bronco Sport handled everything.

It's whole life was spent in Florida until last week. I was feeling quite skeptical with how it would perform with Connecticut's well-known hilly, twisty roads and elevation changes. The Bronco handled it all like a champ. Not once did it struggle for power or find the right gear to be in. I figured being a small 3-cylinder turbo it would severely struggle for power and climb up hills. I was proven wrong. If anything, the performance got better putting it through its paces. I felt that on the way back, it seemed to have more power and oomph than it ever had. As a result of all of this, I love our car even more and I have a closer bond with it. Not only did the car make it to and fro with no issues, I got to drive through states I've never been to before while seeing beautiful fall foliage in the process. All while on a mission to visit some very close friends and family that always make us happy.

Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231030_150640016
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231031_141810634.MP
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231101_161316186
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231031_203942428
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231103_200534844

Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) PXL_20231029_165222441
Thanks for the review… AND the beautiful pictures.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Gorgeous shots of the leaves turning color.

Thanks for sharing the trip photos.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I totally agree. I got my '23 OBX in January. We've taken 2 trips with it so far. Syracuse, NY to Atlanta and back, and Syracuse, NY to Cincinatti and back. OBX was fun to drive and had plenty of power. On top of that the mileage was in the 32 to 35 range running about 70 with the adaptive cruise control.
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) 100_6783.JPG

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You picked a great time of year to visit New England. Might be on the tail end of the color change but the foliage as you went north and came back down surely was still spectacular.

Especially coming from the land of two seasons instead of four! :p

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I totally agree. I got my '23 OBX in January. We've taken 2 trips with it so far. Syracuse, NY to Atlanta and back, and Syracuse, NY to Cincinatti and back. OBX was fun to drive and had plenty of power. On top of that the mileage was in the 32 to 35 range running about 70 with the adaptive cruise control.
Ford Bronco Sport BS Outer Banks Roadtrip (From FL to CT and back) 100_6783.JPG
I forgot to mention how good the fuel economy was. The way there (which was I-95 North) it was averaging 33-34 mpg which is the highest I've ever seen it. On the way back (I-81 through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia back onto I-95 South) it was still averaging 31-33 mpg despite the high elevations and mountainous roads of Pennsylvania into West Virginia. Not bad for a brick in the wind! 😁

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

It's whole life was spent in the state of Florida until last week. I was feeling quite skeptical with how it would perform with Connecticut's well-known hilly, twisty roads and elevation changes. The Bronco handled it all like a champ. Not once did it struggle for power or jump gears. I figured being a small 3-cylinder turbo it would severely struggle to climb up hills. I was proven wrong. If anything, the performance got better putting it through its paces. I felt that on the way back, it seemed to have more oomph than it ever had. As a result, I love our car even more and I have a closer bond with it. Not only did the car make it to and fro with no issues, I got to drive through states I've never been to before while seeing beautiful fall foliage in the process. All while on a mission to visit some very close friends and family that always make us happy.

Welcome to New England!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm glad your Bronco Sport gave you the confidence to spread your wings a bit. Nice pics. This is the BEST time of year for a road trip. Any kind of trip, really.

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm glad your Bronco Sport gave you the confidence to spread your wings a bit. Nice pics. This is the BEST time of year for a road trip. Any kind of trip, really.
Couldn't agree more! Thanks for your comment! 👍

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
Oh, thanks so much for your post!! It's a welcome read from folks who love their ride. Here's to many more miles of fun for you and your BS OBX !! :)

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport

If you didn’t notice returning to FL from CT, you were going downhill all the way!🤣🤣🤣

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you didn’t notice returning to FL from CT, you were going downhill all the way!🤣🤣🤣
Not accounting for road conditions/wind/vehicle loading/driving style/etc., is the primary reason you see wildly varying reports regarding performance and fuel economy.

Kryz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Love these photos. Especially the cemetery one. I would love to drive further out than I have. I mainly go south or the mountains. Looks Beautiful up there! Great that you got to go on an adventure.
Sponsored