carlea_w

Badlands
First Name
Carlea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have really loved my Bronco Sport, but I am a little bummed out. I drive a lot - 50,000 miles since I picked up the vehicle in September 2021. The roughest road I have taken it on is a bumpy gravel road, so mostly highway miles. I became accustomed to the squeaky rear brake back-up thing. However, recently I felt a drag in the rear when backing up and driving forward while turning, which quickly turned into a clunking sound. I took it to the dealership and they said they were going to do the squeaky brake fix and that it would not be covered by my Power Train Warranty. I told them I didn't mind the squeaky brakes, but the clunking sounded serious. They insisted it would fix it, and if not, it would be on them. It did not fix it. So, now I am on week 3 of my wait and they say they will replace the rear differential under the power train warranty. I asked about a rental car. They didn't know if the power train warranty covered it. While they asked their "supervisor" who responded that it would not be covered, I was talking to a representative at the warranty 800# who said they would reimburse me for a rental car. I don't know who to believe or trust. Anyone have something major covered by the power train warranty and had to have a rental car post-diagnosis? Thanks for input! I still love my baby Bronco and want it back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
During first service, I asked dealer about rental car coverage. He said rental coverage only came w/Ford extended warranties. I immediately contacted Granger Ford and bought extended warranty (was going to get one anyway).
I would contact warranty “800” number again, and verify reimbursement policy and get all the details, person’s name and “horsepower”, date/time, etc. and keep it all for future reference.

Noreena

Outer Banks
First Name
Noreen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have really loved my Bronco Sport, but I am a little bummed out. I drive a lot - 50,000 miles since I picked up the vehicle in September 2021. The roughest road I have taken it on is a bumpy gravel road, so mostly highway miles. I became accustomed to the squeaky rear brake back-up thing. However, recently I felt a drag in the rear when backing up and driving forward while turning, which quickly turned into a clunking sound. I took it to the dealership and they said they were going to do the squeaky brake fix and that it would not be covered by my Power Train Warranty. I told them I didn't mind the squeaky brakes, but the clunking sounded serious. They insisted it would fix it, and if not, it would be on them. It did not fix it. So, now I am on week 3 of my wait and they say they will replace the rear differential under the power train warranty. I asked about a rental car. They didn't know if the power train warranty covered it. While they asked their "supervisor" who responded that it would not be covered, I was talking to a representative at the warranty 800# who said they would reimburse me for a rental car. I don't know who to believe or trust. Anyone have something major covered by the power train warranty and had to have a rental car post-diagnosis? Thanks for input! I still love my baby Bronco and want it back.
My rear end brake screeching sound was "repaired" with a rear axle. It doesn't do it all the time, so I'm not sure how long I will have to wait to see if it was repaired.

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I thought I was the only only with the squeaky reverse issue. Currently the vehicle, at 52,000 miles, does not go in reverse at all and doesn’t accelerate beyond 40mph.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands