Transmission fluid pressure switch

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sport won’t go in reverse and will not accelerate over 40mph. Anyone else has any problems with this? I’m wondering if it’s covered under the power train warranty, as my bumper to bumper has expired.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Becky, it’s not possible to diagnose the mechanical issue causing your malfunction based solely on your description of the symptoms, therefore no one here can say with accuracy if repair(s) to fix it will be covered under warranty. The warranty document that came with your car outlines specifically what portions of the powertrain are covered by your warranty. If you don’t have a copy you can track one down with a brief Google search (look for Ford new vehicle limited warranty). Make sure when your service department tells you what they will do to repair your car you know what is and is not covered.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Sport won’t go in reverse and will not accelerate over 40mph. Anyone else has any problems with this? I’m wondering if it’s covered under the power train warranty, as my bumper to bumper has expired.
Did the dealership tell you the problem is the Transmission fluid pressure switch?

OP
OP
Mysportmakesmehappy
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did the dealership tell you the problem is the Transmission fluid pressure switch?
No I was out and about when I returned to my truck and started it the problem presented out of nowhere. I immediately drive to the nearest auto part store and had them scan it. It came back with two transmission fluid pressure codes.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into these performance issues you have been experiencing on my end.

OP
OP
Mysportmakesmehappy
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok. My Sport has been repaired. This weekend I’ll be making a new post with a detailed report of what the problem was found to be. I will say that the customer service at both, the dealer and Ford HQ has been phenomenal!