Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Hey Team:

Hope you are all well. I'm starting to plan the next phase of additions that I don't have money for yet and was thinking of the Rough Country Nudge Bar for the Bronco Sport (https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-nudge-bar-51040c.html). However, I remembered this YouTube video from Vivid Racing where they moded a Bronco Sport with a Nudge Bar and Winch ().

I'm not seeing the winch on their site, and I saw alot of discussions related to requests for aftermarket winches...

Does anyone have one? And what are you'lls (southern for you guys) opinions on winches for the Bronco Sport?

Appreciate the information/feedback.

RR
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The pieces of sheet metal that all of the nudge/light bars are attached to are not strong enough to be reliable for winching the BS out of pretty much anything.

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The Bronco Sport has no real "frame" to attach anything to. I had my front clip off to install the RC Nudge Bar and there is simply nothing substantial there to support the forces a winch would apply. I don't even see how one could fabricate a support system to attach to what is already there .......

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
OP
OP
RogueRodney

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Thanks Team!

BlueBaru, love the solution, I'm a strong believer that humans have become too used to gadgetry to get us out of everything.... sometimes raw muscle the old way is the right way to go.

RR

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Hey Team:

Hope you are all well. I'm starting to plan the next phase of additions that I don't have money for yet and was thinking of the Rough Country Nudge Bar for the Bronco Sport (https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-nudge-bar-51040c.html). However, I remembered this YouTube video from Vivid Racing where they moded a Bronco Sport with a Nudge Bar and Winch ().

I'm not seeing the winch on their site, and I saw alot of discussions related to requests for aftermarket winches...

Does anyone have one? And what are you'lls (southern for you guys) opinions on winches for the Bronco Sport?

RR
Does anybody really take thier Bronco sports off road to the point of needing a winch?? I have a Sport Badlands it's great for the snow, ice, mud occasional rough trail riding. I think these things are built to cheap, everything is plastic, to do any serious 4 wheeling. Unless you don't care about ----ing it up.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The Bronco Sport has no real "frame" to attach anything to. I had my front clip off to install the RC Nudge Bar and there is simply nothing substantial there to support the forces a winch would apply. I don't even see how one could fabricate a support system to attach to what is already there .......
From the pictures I've seen I would have thought the bumper reinforcement bolt down location would have worked. Plus I saw an older escape with a winch. But since one has not materialized I guess not.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Given the unibody, I think it’d be looking at a wheel based system like a Bush Winch for self rescue rather than a power winch.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Thanks Team!

BlueBaru, love the solution, I'm a strong believer that humans have become too used to gadgetry to get us out of everything.... sometimes raw muscle the old way is the right way to go.

RR

Subaru outback’s and foresters are also unibody and there is a winch setup for them. If I still had
My forester id have this 5500 lbs one installed.

https://get-primitive.com/winches/568-primitive-ob-winch-mount.html

I don’t see why the current Badlands tow hook points can’t be repurposed to be both winch mounts and recovery points?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t see why the current Badlands tow hook points can’t be repurposed to be both winch mounts and recovery points?
They probably could be, but it would require a significant investment on the part of a vendor. How much interest is there among Bronco Sport owners? Keep in mind this would only apply to the Badlands trim, because the tow hook mounts on the other trims are not welded to the frame. How many Badlands owners want to go places where you might need a winch?

It seems like a pretty small market for the R&D investment.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I've seen just the bumper reinforcement piece. It bolts to vehicle in 3 or 4 spots per side. That bar couldn't be reinforced to accommodate a 2 inch receiver or something? They have them for Subarus. So I would think strength to at least pull yourself out could be done. But you really don't think it's feasible? I'm just asking out of curiosity. Because I think a year down the road I may go 6G

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey Team:

RR
I believe the southerners refer to you all as Y'all rather than you'lls (sounds like how Joe Pesci would say it!).

I will follow this thread as I'd be interested in how a winch could work on a BS..

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have my spare on the roof so I use the space for recovery storage.
I have a shackle receiver for the rear and have the hooks up front. I have a bunch of straps, shackles, an 8k come along, snatch block, compressor, plus bunch other stuff. On my jeep I needed a dedicated winch. This for the few times I’ll need it works for me.
You could put a winch on the BL. But would have to fab almost a pull bar style plate out front and then mount a winch. So you’d add probs 60-80lbs or more out front.
That would suck without a complete suspension. The front already hits everything off-road without the weight
Sponsored