Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I have been shopping for vehicles to replace my 2013 Nissan Xterra for the last year. I believe a lot of Xterra owners will turn to the Bronco. The Bronco Sport has a lot of similarities to the Xterra. Nissan's failure to replace the Xterra in a timely manner will go down as one of the biggest offroad, automotive blunders of all time. The only vehicle I would even consider over the Bronco Sport is a Rav4 Prime XSE, offroad, midnight edition, which does not exist and likely will not until after 2022, if at all. My Bronco Sport Badasslands is on order.
Sponsored

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I have been shopping for vehicles to replace my 2013 Nissan Xterra for the last year. I believe a lot of Xterra owners will turn to the Bronco. The Bronco Sport has a lot of similarities to the Xterra. Nissan's failure to replace the Xterra in a timely manner will go down as one of the biggest offroad, automotive blunders of all time. The only vehicle I would even consider over the Bronco Sport is a Rav4 Prime XSE, offroad, midnight edition, which does not exist and likely will not until after 2022, if at all. My Bronco Sport Badasslands is on order.
I was thinking of the Rav4 Prime too until I saw it in action off-road. The AWD is pretty unresponsive to losing wheel traction. The rear electric motor is weak sauce and the front electric motors are overpowered and spin the wheels. The approach and departure angles also suck. Truly, any Rav4, TRD included, is not an off-road vehicle.

The Bronco Sport has been surprisingly good off-road in Moab. I'm impressed with the AWD tuning as it is quite responsive. That rear locker is also a HUGE difference.

Assuming the Bronco Sport gets the 266 hp AWD PHEV setup from the Lincoln Corsair, that system applies 110 ft-lb torque to the rear wheels. This is significantly more than the 89 lb-ft of the 302 hp Rav4 Prime and the Sport is lighter.

Don't pay attention to the fanboy comments on the driving sports TV video, just look how much work it took to get up a rough road. Compare that to the Bronco Sport in Moab.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I thought about the RAV4 Prime Hybrid that's due out this year. For about a minute......

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Looks alone doesn't make a vehicle BUT for me, the B. Sport looks the most like a "REAL" SUV of all the non-dedicated off road ready SUVs out there - perhaps I am old school but pretty much everything in the price class have ungainly overstyled character lines and blobby looks. B-Sport is true and straight lines and no frills and looks the most rugged/serious. Almost all others have a gimmicky "toy" look. Except for the small fog lights and the rotary shifter, B/Sport is perfect.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
honda passport is in the Ford Edge class.

Honda HRV is bigger than the Ecosport and smaller than the Bronco Sport

CRV is Escape sized
Passport is Edge sized
Pilot is Explorer sized
Size isn't the only thing. I agree that the Passport should be comped to the mid size SUVs, especially the Passport, if Cherokee is on the table.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The bronco Sport will be smaller than the RAV4 but bigger than the C-HR.
Shorter, but that doesn't mean smaller. There's so much cladding on a Rav4, and the interior is tiny and cramped.

When I sat in a Rav4 it was the first vehicle ever I sat in where my knuckles hit the edge of the dash overhang from being on top of the steering wheel. Yikes!

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Slickrock -- my 10-year-old Jeep JK Wrangler has steering wheel controls (audio) that I laugh at still...my thumb can touch the steering wheel volume and my pinkie finger can reach all the way over to the stereo...

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Slickrock -- my 10-year-old Jeep JK Wrangler has steering wheel controls (audio) that I laugh at still...my thumb can touch the steering wheel volume and my pinkie finger can reach all the way over to the stereo...
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Vs The Competition - Estimated Specs Comparisons giphy
Sponsored