Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
What about accessories? Bet it would be much easier to get an accessory company to pay you to outfit your vehicle in their accessories than getting ford to pay for publicity. I’m sure companies would like their products to be seen on tv being utilized in extreme ways. Even if it’s not tv it will get views on whatever platform you use.

Me personally, don’t mind the ford or bronco badge, it’s what it is. I do however have a problem with dealership badges, because they didn’t make the vehicle only sold it. It’s like a pair of nikes... I don’t mind the Nike logo but I would not keep a purchased from footlocker logo on them.

Sometimes I do see vehicles and other products on tv with the logo removed.. most of the time I can still tell what it is. But I get where you’re coming from.
Such sponsorships are myth unless you are a big time sports figure, etc. I just cover everything up. I've sold more Xterras over the last 10 years than I can count, even though I blacked out everything!
Sponsored

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The problem is that car makers get thousands of requests for sponsorships every month. Unless they come to you, it's a frustrating waste of time. I tired to make a deal with Toyota last week to supply me with a Rav4 Prime or 4Runner TRD Pro, offering to pay MSRP price if they would void the $20k dealer markup in return for a ton of exposure. Even that was rejected. I suspect hot-selling vehicles don't need a lot of publicity. Maybe I'll contact GMC about the EV Hummer, or just stick with playing the lottery...lol

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
The problem is that car makers get thousands of requests for sponsorships every month. Unless they come to you, it's a frustrating waste of time. I tired to make a deal with Toyota last week to supply me with a Rav4 Prime or 4Runner TRD Pro, offering to pay MSRP price if they would void the $20k dealer markup in return for a ton of exposure. Even that was rejected. I suspect hot-selling vehicles don't need a lot of publicity. Maybe I'll contact GMC about the EV Hummer, or just stick with playing the lottery...lol
Maybe you should do the reverse.. go for sponsorships for equipment (tires, off-road accessories, tools) instead of the Vehicle. I know that the vehicle is the big chunk of the cost.. but I'm sure every little bit helps.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Would love to see how this reflective badge looks on a First Edition with the Blue background. . .

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
No, I would de-badge that too, not into badges or logos. In fact, I passed over a nice shirt when shopping online this week due to the logo (popular outdoor retailer from Maine) emblazoned on the front.
How do you get them off without making a mess?