Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Anyone else not a huge fan of the bucking bronco on the steering wheel? I would have preferred a simple BRONCO text logo or to a lesser degree, a blue oval.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Anyone else not a huge fan of the bucking bronco on the steering wheel? I would have preferred a simple BRONCO text logo or to a lesser degree, a blue oval.
i actually like it. also wouldnā€™t mind bronco in text instead.

but also this is probably bc iā€™m coming from a subaru, and wasnā€™t really into Fords. it just feels like im driving a bronco not a ford haha of that makes sense.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Completely disagree. I much prefer the Bronco logo. Now if the Ford logo were another color (black maybe) I might reconsider. But Iā€™ve never been a big fan of the blue oval design. Not that it matters. Weā€™re talking stickers here

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Local dealer just got shipment of their first BS, they gave me a call so i could test drive.

disclaimer, this will be subjective commentary from myself who has had a 2010 subaru forester but just wanna quickly give yā€™all my first impressions.

First of all it looks bigger in person vs what iā€™ve seen in photos, which was a pleasant surprise. It was a Big Bend with tow package, no big bend package. Cargo space was sufficient as my worry was it would be too small, seats fold down not completely flat but flat enough to where it doesnā€™t phase me.

driving this 1.5L off the lot was good. throttle felt responsive enough, got on the freeway just fine as well with adequate speed. seat height felt more commanding / higher than my 2010 forester which felt more ā€˜truckā€™ like lol. visibility in rear view mirrors was okay, foresters have very great visibility so i may have gotten used to that. but i donā€™t see any issues major backing up / blind spots. good daily driver.

inside ergonomics are wel done. cloth seats are very comfortable and everything is where it feels like they should be. interior doesnā€™t feel cheap. shift dial thing feels solid, takes a good amount (feels balanced tho) of force to put it in drive, reverse etc. appreciate the physical buttons.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions C2BBABDB-9C8D-4F5D-9BE0-BFAAB373FF1E
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions BC01F832-E5C5-4001-A444-C552BCA030FB
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions 423174B9-F0BB-4E15-9A0F-88F655084163

sorry if this might just sound like a generic first impression you can get with any car, but hoping i could provide at least some insight for people that were wondering. for me iā€™d rather know there were no noticeable major downsides to the driving experience, as i am not too picky on small features. as long as it drives fine and looks good and takes me where I want to go haha
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions 5E1078DC-774F-479D-B465-4AEB783BF5DA

if you guys have any questions for me with my limited knowledge during the quick time with it ask away.
Was this a Sport that was on the lot for sale or a demo vehicle? Or was this someone else's reserved order that they had yet to pick up?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Was this a Sport that was on the lot for sale or a demo vehicle? Or was this someone else's reserved order that they had yet to pick up?
If my dealer was letting other people test drive my car that I had ordered, I'd be livid.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yes this was a dealer-order BS BB for their own inventory, they called me to let me know its available to test drive and was for purchase as well.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I was checking with a local dealer regarding a few Bronco Sports listed as "in transit" and he told me that there would also be plenty of others to look at as they had 60+ reservations. Granted, he did not offer their vehicles for test drive, but for possible look-see. Hopefully, hands-off in this Covid-era.

I was surprised at the 60+ reservations number. There are probably ten area Ford dealers (within 50 miles) and this one is not one of the larger ones. That tells me there must be quite a few Sport reservations.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
My local dealer I think had 15. Three cancelled on him and he was able to have me fill the spot. Might be why I got a relatively early Feb 8 prod date.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
If my dealer was letting other people test drive my car that I had ordered, I'd be livid.
This was my exact thought. I also fear this with my big Bronco. I have a first day reservation badlands. I am getting there the second it gets off the truck to make sure no one is taking it for a spin.

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Yeah, I rather it said bronco.

Reactions: frk

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
This was my exact thought. I also fear this with my big Bronco. I have a first day reservation badlands. I am getting there the second it gets off the truck to make sure no one is taking it for a spin.
Dealership: We have your Bronco Sport here for you...

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions tumblr_naohwvyxzB1s8j019o1_500

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions tumblr_naohwvyxzB1s8j019o2_500

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions EnragedCloseIguana-size_restricted

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport - test drive first impressions FVSqHN
Sponsored