JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious... was told by Ford and 2 local dealers i can not get Outer Banks with moonroof now...maybe will be back with 2022???? I had ordered a Badlands with Badlands pkg in April which got completely stalled and now cancelled for a 2022
I have no answer for you other than these 2021 Bronco Sports, thanks to late delivery, chip shortages, and options shortages, are going to be collectors items- like the 64 1/2 Mustang.
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
If you actually drove a Badlands other than than just around the dealers test route you wouldn't have chosen the 1.5, the difference compared to the 2.0 is very noticeable, although the Outer Banks added creature comforts are nice and hard to pass up. Enjoy!
I’d still get the 1.5 liter. My top priority was fuel economy, not how quickly I could launch from a stop sign.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Curious... was told by Ford and 2 local dealers i can not get Outer Banks with moonroof now...maybe will be back with 2022???? I had ordered a Badlands with Badlands pkg in April which got completely stalled and now cancelled for a 2022
There was an issue with the supplier of moonroof parts. As a result, Ford began offering the OB package without moonroof.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
There was an issue with the supplier of moonroof parts. As a result, Ford began offering the OB package without moonroof.
If only they continued that into badlands

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Nice ride. You must have a special 1.5 liter engine, the magazine road tests put the 0-60 time at 8.5-8.6 seconds. If you actually drove a Badlands other than than just around the dealers test route you wouldn't have chosen the 1.5, the difference compared to the 2.0 is very noticeable, although the Outer Banks added creature comforts are nice and hard to pass up. Enjoy!
I drove both on extended test rides by myself before I purchased. Drove the 1.5 OB first (glad I did) and saw that it has plenty of power for normal driving and highway passing. I then had my 1.5 for a couple of weeks and got to drive a Badlands again as a loaner for two days. Yes the 2.0 is quicker but after driving them both the 1.5 has plenty of power and am glad I made that choice. Only thing the 2.0 is really needed for is serious off road and rock climbing which most won't do. My OB with the 1.5 turbo does just fine on the dirt and mud fire roads where I need it to and has plenty of passing power when I need it. It also gets about 5 MPG better than the Badlands I drove.

ALC

Outer Banks
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Escape, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Jon
You mentioned that this was your 35th vehicle, my wife doesn't think anyone can top my number of cars. You did it, I have only purchased 33, plus 4 Harley's. Very happy with OB I purchased.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I checked and the 8.5 seconds you give is correct. That's quick enough for me and I don't plan on taking the old route across the Bighorns. I'll be on the beaches. If these chip shortages continue the 2021 Bronco Sports may become a collector's item.
I got curious and tried it on my BB, 8.5s+ is fast for me already, didnt floor it on this try

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks, Honda CB1100
I ordered my Bronco Sport Outer Banks in January and it was delivered via freight train from Coahilla Mexico in April. I love this car- its my 35th- so I can compare it to lots of makes and models.

It's by far the best I've ever owned. It was a long decision between the Badlands and the Outer Banks but being i live only an hour and a half north of North Carolina's Outer Banks with 182 miles of beaches you can drive on (with a permit) I figured I'd give the Outer Banks a test. That will come in following reviews. The model Big Bend I test drove had all-terrain Continentals on it but this came with Michelin Primacy's on it- touring tires. The Outer banks asks that all vehicle tires be deflated to 18 pounds- and the truth is- given the flatter tire, I'll bet the 4 Michelins work fine. I'm definitely going to try them before I switch to a more aggressive tread pattern. Also-take note- the Outer Banks does not feature front tow hooks as does the Badlands- however, if you get the tow package it has rings for hooks/straps on either side of the rear tow hitch, and the exhaust pipes are up and out of the way which should make it easy to get pulled out if that becomes necessary. I'll let you know how it handles as soon as I can take it down there. If you've already done it please join the thread.

As to this awesome vehicle- I got the 1.5 litre 3 cylinder and that turbo charged engine does 60 in 7.5- I've got all I need with regard to power and the gas mileage is hanging around28MPG. I got the moonroof, the Bang & Olafson Sound system, and the organizer for the rear- which I highly recommend if you're still looking to buy.

As for handling- it has no sway at all around turns, it sits up, and its a lot beefier than any Escape. Hint- to get a full size spare get the tow package. I got the roof racks for fishing rod holders. By the way, there are a number of "air-up" stations on the Outer Banks.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Exteriro front

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Interior

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Inter5ior
Hey! That’s my Truck! I literally got that same exact truck with a similar package! I asked for rubber mats and the dealer threw them in, but outside of that it looks almost identical.

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey! That’s my Truck! I literally got that same exact truck with a similar package! I asked for rubber mats and the dealer threw them in, but outside of that it looks almost identical.
Great minds think alike....
Sponsored