Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Trust your gut. Fwiw my son bought his first car, it was a salvage title. It had been "shot up" in what appeared to be a dispute, glass shot out, body panels with what appeared to be 9mm damage. The rear seats still have holes. Bodywork and mechanical repair you can't even tell. He's had it for a couple years and no issues at all.
I know it might be months until you can get another but I'd refuse delivery unless Ford really sweetened the pot, like at least 10k off MSRP and paying for the best body shop in town to do the repairs.
Ten K? Lolol yeah that is a big reach for cosmetic damage. That's a third of MSRP. Maybe a grand...ensure quality inspection before reassembly, and throw in a few oil changes. You seem to be losing sight of the fact the minute the buyer refuses delivery, they fix it and call the next ten people on a list and it's gone the next 24 hours. I get wanting it to be right. This is insignificant damage. Albeit should have never happened but the car isn't totaled. And insurance claim would likely suggest you pay out of pocket instead of filing a claim if this happened in a parking lot.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I know it might be months until you can get another but I'd refuse delivery unless Ford really sweetened the pot, like at least 10k off MSRP and paying for the best body shop in town to do the repairs.
Yeah tell them to take 10k off. Let us know how that works out.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
That's a great strategy as long as you're willing to say goodbye to the vehicle. They'll sell it to the next person in the door. It isn't like that bent panel hurt the mechanicals. It's a sucky situation but it doesn't put the dealer over a barrel. I can see why someone would walk on the deal but it doesn't give near the leverage you implied. Sure, ask for something, accessories, maybe they'll do it. Dealer didn't break it. Shipper did. So dealer will just settle with Ford, keep it, and make even more. Don't think this is the first car to get damaged before a sale.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Been around a lot of bodywork, a friend was a dealer body shop manager and another friend restores classic Mopars. While I agree with what 69cuda340 wrote regarding what can be done regarding repairs, you're not going to get show-car restorative work at a dealership's bodyshop, it just takes too much meticulous work for a high production shop.

It may look good initially, but filler often crazes over the long haul.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
yeah but people on face book said ????????
sorry couldn't help it.

funny, a quick "bronco sport shipping damage" search on google only found this thread and one from April over at bronco6g, both with photos.

that's an avalanche of shipping damage to be sure ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
While I agree with what 69cuda340 wrote regarding what can be done regarding repairs, you're not going to get show-car restorative work at a dealership's bodyshop
True prob not. I would have to see metal work prior to filler paint work to believe it was done right. While it is possible to fix that correctly chances are not good a quality job will be done.

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That's major damage and it just looks bad. What would a dealership think if they saw that on your trade in. That reminds me when I looked at a car listed as having slight hail damage and arrived to find a car with a surface more like a golf ball than anything else.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That's major damage and it just looks bad. What would a dealership think if they saw that on your trade in. That reminds me when I looked at a car listed as having slight hail damage and arrived to find a car with a surface more like a golf ball than anything else.
I traded in a car with door dents that size. Dealer said they were $500 dents. Have to weigh waiting for a clean replacement in October, compromising what you want vs what you can get...or getting lucky and stumbling on what you want. It's a bad situation all the way around.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I just wouldn't accept any brand new car with any sort of damage on it without a significant compensation. Even on a rare car that is hard to find at the moment.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Personally, based on my own experiences with having body work done, I would reject unless they give you a crazy discount or you plan on trading in a few years. My last two vehicles needed bodywork, slight dents and paint work. One of them was brand new (tree branch fell on it first night in the driveway). Both either had rust creeping up from under the paint or paint fade and clear coat peeling within 4-5 years.

Work was done by what many people said was the "best" place in my area. As someone above stated, unless they are known for meticulous restorations, I have little faith any body work will last more than 4-5 years.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So my bronco sport badlands arrived but sadly was damaged at the factory or during shipping. Now have to meet with my dealership next week to figure out my options. The only thing they told me so far is Ford is fixing the damage for free.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 4B06B7D1-B696-499D-96FF-21F16FC1826A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 0FC75AAF-4818-477A-B884-2254C9B4628A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 9AD7F661-EA84-44E8-BEE1-BB0F20F3ABDA
So its been a year, how did the repair turn out?!

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I'm sure Ford puts a lot of pressure on the production and shipment of vehicles lately because of the delays caused by materials, etc. The sooner it gets delivered to the dealers the sooner they get paid. Nothing good happens in a hurry.
Sponsored