Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco II- Where's the love? unnamed

I had a 1989 Bronco II back in the mid-'90s. I loved it and missed it long after I sold it. I sold it in 1999 and used the funds for a down payment on my house. Which I still live in today! Lol
Sounds like it was a good sale to set yourself up for life then!
Sponsored

Reactions: WLK

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sounds like it was a good sale to set yourself up for life then!
Especially in the Vancouver area real estate market. Any word on your BS? I think I recall you were picking it up soon.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Especially in the Vancouver area real estate market. Any word on your BS? I think I recall you were picking it up soon.
Oh yes, especially in Vancouver area! Even Calgary is nuts, I swear I couldn’t afford to replace my house now if I sold out. As the old saying goes, the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

& yes, thanks for asking, my sales guy anticipated it’d be here Friday/Saturday, but I don’t have the keys yet. I did a drive by yesterday & was disheartened to see the silver one on the sold row was somebody else’s OB. He swears by Tuesday. We’ll see. It might be a couple weeks yet at this rate.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
BII was slightly before my time but I always liked them and thought they were kind of overlooked in the Bronco world at least until recently. I agree with the others that the BS is sort of a modern successor to the BII, which is another reason the BS appealed to me.

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I learned to drive in an 87 Bronco II, Eddie Bauer package. I really loved that car but it was underpowered and difficult to drive on the road and when it got older all kinds of battery drain and electrical problems made it unreliable. I drove that car all through the Sierras and Death Valley with my Dad and I could never get my mom to buy or drive a different car. I still loved it and when the Bronco Sport came out I got all wrapped up in that nostalgia, it was like they were marketing directly to me.

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The bronco II is how old and my BL gets basically the same fuel mileage lol

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The bronco II is how old and my BL gets basically the same fuel mileage lol
When my BII was new it might have got 18mpg city. Now it gets more like 12-14 mpg. The AC just drains the life of of that old motor.

Fwiw, the BS dash was showing 26+ mpg for 100 miles on this tank. I've been lucky catching most of the lights and doing 40 to 50 mph.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Some parallels between the Bronco II and our BS. Unless you own(ed) one, you have no idea what they are capable of. My dad's buddy went every where in his Bronco II. He loved it and I remember how capable it was although when my dad let him drive our 68 Bronco, he realized there was another level!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
All of those complaints about the new technology and engineering but you want to ”trade-up” to a plug-in hybrid.
Nope I’ll take the 2.0 AWD gas, right ?

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I noticed the same at Moab. Why did Ford choose to not include the BII?