WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Was able to disable the auto start/stop system and double honk when exiting the car while running with FORScan. Both were under the BCM module as dropdown options (without having to do manual/advanced coding)
That's good to hear. The honk drives me crazy and when I exit with it running I just don't close the door all the way. On our Hondas it just a series of beeps. I used forscan to disable it on my Ranger (which I traded in on the BS) and was hoping I could do it on the BS. I also disabled start stop on the Ranger but I actually don't mind it on the BS. It's hard to explain but the implementation on the Ranger was terrible. The delay was very noticeable. On the BS with brake hold on, it starts and goes very smooth and quick once the gas pedal is pressed. It is currently in the teens outside so I'll probably wait until the temp is a little more tolerable before I try it.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
On the BS with brake hold on, it starts and goes very smooth and quick once the gas pedal is pressed.
I had an EcoBoost Mustang the 2.3L (same as Range). It didn't have auto start/stop, but the starter system was a lot different from the 2.0L. It's definitely nowhere near as smooth.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The double-honk is annoying.

On another note, has anyone successfully disabled the Auto Lock feature yet?

Also, I realize this could be a long-shot, but how about enabling Intelligent Access for the rear doors?

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Was able to disable the auto start/stop system and double honk when exiting the car while running with FORScan. Both were under the BCM module as dropdown options (without having to do manual/advanced coding)
Im running the latest OBDLINK EX software and the only luck I have had is with the APIM. I tried BCM doing the drop downs to disable the double horn honk and get service procedure interrupted and something about security key. I am starting to wonder if its my OBDLINK is the issue even though its new. May pick up the scanner they now recommend on their site and see if I have any better luck.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Im running the latest OBDLINK EX software and the only luck I have had is with the APIM. I tried BCM doing the drop downs to disable the double horn honk and get service procedure interrupted and something about security key. I am starting to wonder if its my OBDLINK is the issue even though its new. May pick up the scanner they now recommend on their site and see if I have any better luck.
This is the one I’m using: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094Z7PBLS

It’s one of the recommended ones from the ForSCAN website. Haven’t seen that error.

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have had excellent results with this one. I had one of the ones with the toggle switch but it was problematic https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
See thats the one I have now, brand new. It has the most recent firmware..all the drivers but for some reason the only module I can make changes to is APIM. All the others either stop and say service procedure interrupted or security key not valid...not really sure what that one is or why I keep getting service procedure interrupted except on APIM

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
Anyone had any luck finding anything about enabling rain sensing wipers? I feel like that'd be a software change if you have 360+

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone had any luck finding anything about enabling rain sensing wipers? I feel like that'd be a software change if you have 360+
I'd think you'd also need to replace the wiper control stalk. Those equipped with rain-sensing wipers from the factory have an extra position on the stalk for rain-sensing mode, I'm pretty sure.

WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
Definitely planning on trying both of these out this weekend thanks for the info!

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I'd think you'd also need to replace the wiper control stalk. Those equipped with rain-sensing wipers from the factory have an extra position on the stalk for rain-sensing mode, I'm pretty sure.
From what I read, the stalk uses the intermittent settings to control the rain sensor. It seems, in my opinion, that the sensor and software update is what's needed. It's listed as standard equipment on OB with copilot 360. October 2020 guide.

Looking at the order guide there a many levels of colpilot 360. OB level includes rain sense as a feature.
it would be neat to compare as-builts with 360, both with and without rain sense.
Also, it maybe in the steering column controller not the body controller, or both. It may also be in the APIM since it can be disabled there on mine.

I had do do a few as built enablments when adding factory remote Start to a 2014 Ford edge.

Last edited:

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Honestly I find the rain sensing sucks. Mine came with it and found it to only work half the time when it's lightly raining. Turned it off. Same with my edge.

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wonder if mud/ruts mode can be added to the lower trim Sports, as the Mavrick FX4 has the same AWD system as the lower trim Sports yet has mud/ruts mode

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So the new version that just came out on the 16th I was finally able to write to BCM and turn off the double horn honk. Its weird it worked for some one previous version but not others. I bet there is differences in computers based on build date and maybe they are "locked" and thats what forscan is working on when they say improved support for MY blah blah blah. Still cant write to IPC but baby steps ill take it lol.
Sponsored