Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I saw a couple people had this problem when you reverse the brake and it sounds like the rear brakes make this aggressive swirling sound. I took it to the dealership where I bought my car and they sanded the brakes. But 10 days later the sound returned. Brought it to the dealership again. They did absolutely nothing to the car and said it’s normal. Which I highly doubt it is. So I wasn’t really liking the dealership so I’m now going to a different Ford dealership. If this problem returns again I definitely will see if this dealer can figure it out. I’ve heard good things about this place from a coworker. Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed. If it has been fixed please share what you had done.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I saw a couple people had this problem when you reverse the brake and it sounds like the rear brakes make this aggressive swirling sound. I took it to the dealership where I bought my car and they sanded the brakes. But 10 days later the sound returned. Brought it to the dealership again. They did absolutely nothing to the car and said it’s normal. Which I highly doubt it is. So I wasn’t really liking the dealership so I’m now going to a different Ford dealership. If this problem returns again I definitely will see if this dealer can figure it out. I’ve heard good things about this place from a coworker. Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed. If it has been fixed please share what you had done.
Hi Eric. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
It is not normal and Ford is aware of it and it also affects the Escape models. There is a Technical Service Bulletin from Ford that addresses this problem. I had the issue from the first day that I received my 2021 Badlands and finally had the replacement parts installed by my dealership last week which solved the issue. The parts have been on backorder and may be difficult for your dealer to get quickly (took mine 2 and half months to get the required parts).

TSB 22-2326

Parts number - DG9Z-2C150-B

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making strange sound when reversing Screenshot 2022-10-24 144733

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yep the common tug boat horn in a harbor sound. Ford has rear caliper bushing TSB for that issue. And useless dealers say its normal jerking ppl around hoping they don't come back.

OP
OP
Ericnovitskiy

Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It is not normal and Ford is aware of it and it also affects the Escape models. There is a Technical Service Bulletin from Ford that addresses this problem. I had the issue from the first day that I received my 2021 Badlands and finally had the replacement parts installed by my dealership last week which solved the issue. The parts have been on backorder and may be difficult for your dealer to get quickly (took mine 2 and half months to get the required parts).

TSB 22-2326

Parts number - DG9Z-2C150-B

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making strange sound when reversing Screenshot 2022-10-24 144733

Thanks a lot for this. I will definitely show this to the dealership so they actually fix my problem.

DAWiens

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi, I have never heard mine from outside, but mine just howls all the way down the driveway. It is very loud. I made a video for my dealer and they keep saying it is just normal brake noise from corrosion on the rotors. I contacted from through the customer service email and they just say it is normal and not covered. Have you had any further contact from the motor company on this issue?

DAWiens

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have been working with the dealer in regards to a very bad howling sounds when backing up after car sits for a couple of hours. Dealer states that they have been in touch with the motor company and that this issue is normal and that it is just rust on the rotors and pads. This is not normal as I have NEVER heard this kind of howl from the brakes in my 30 some years of driving. It will make this noise when in reverse and lightly applying the brakes it is not a little brake squeak, that I would classify as normal, this is a loud howl, it is very annoying and when you buy a brand new vehicle and it it does this right from new it is very disappointing. Ford needs to fix this! I have tried with dealer but they just says that it is normal. They tried the fix on the bushings but that actually made it worse. I have been on the forums and I am not the only person who is complaining about this. I don't think that I should have to spend money out of my own pocket to fix a problem on a brand new vehicle. If Ford is using cheaper materials and this is the cause then Ford should step up fix this! This was how they replied! NOT IMPRESSED!

Hello, Mr. Wiens,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. My name is Joseph and I have received your email on January 30th regarding your 2021 Bronco.

We understand you have had issues with rust on your vehicle. We at the Customer Relationship Centre extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced at this time.

Regrettably, as you have observed, brakes do not fall under warranty. We at the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre cannot overturn this issue. We advise maintaining communication with your dealership while working towards a solution. We advise you maintain any receipts for repairs that you may pursue, as if a customer satisfaction program, or recall, is issued for these purposes, you may be eligible for refunds.

Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,

Joseph D

Customer Relationship Centre

Ford of Canada

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Perhaps you should show them a copy of TSB 22-2326 and see what they have to say (unless you already have). Cheers!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I have been working with the dealer in regards to a very bad howling sounds when backing up after car sits for a couple of hours. Dealer states that they have been in touch with the motor company and that this issue is normal and that it is just rust on the rotors and pads. This is not normal as I have NEVER heard this kind of howl from the brakes in my 30 some years of driving. It will make this noise when in reverse and lightly applying the brakes it is not a little brake squeak, that I would classify as normal, this is a loud howl, it is very annoying and when you buy a brand new vehicle and it it does this right from new it is very disappointing. Ford needs to fix this! I have tried with dealer but they just says that it is normal. They tried the fix on the bushings but that actually made it worse. I have been on the forums and I am not the only person who is complaining about this. I don't think that I should have to spend money out of my own pocket to fix a problem on a brand new vehicle. If Ford is using cheaper materials and this is the cause then Ford should step up fix this! This was how they replied! NOT IMPRESSED!

Hello, Mr. Wiens,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. My name is Joseph and I have received your email on January 30th regarding your 2021 Bronco.

We understand you have had issues with rust on your vehicle. We at the Customer Relationship Centre extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced at this time.

Regrettably, as you have observed, brakes do not fall under warranty. We at the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre cannot overturn this issue. We advise maintaining communication with your dealership while working towards a solution. We advise you maintain any receipts for repairs that you may pursue, as if a customer satisfaction program, or recall, is issued for these purposes, you may be eligible for refunds.

Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,

Joseph D

Customer Relationship Centre

Ford of Canada

Yup, not rust. Time for a new dealer. Rust on the disc’s makes a grinding noise. This is a resonance (fog horn) sound. Might want to tell them to brush up on their responses as you know people!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Tug-boat-horn-in-harbor noise when backing up after sitting is the Caliper Bushing TSB.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Hi, I have never heard mine from outside, but mine just howls all the way down the driveway. It is very loud. I made a video for my dealer and they keep saying it is just normal brake noise from corrosion on the rotors. I contacted from through the customer service email and they just say it is normal and not covered. Have you had any further contact from the motor company on this issue?
You need to take with you a copy of the tsb above . Had mine replaced back in oct 2022 and all is good . Give this to the service manager and tell him to read it . It is very simple . Let us know .

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making strange sound when reversing 07741393-E984-4D52-BA5C-180E867D65F2

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making strange sound when reversing C140F050-596B-42CE-8E3E-A9F7757EB19A
Sponsored