First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I had it in for that TSB. It is supposed to be done already, but it seems even louder and more frequent after the new bushings.
Makes me wonder if they really changed the bushings? Maybe take it back to dealer?
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So it just so happened that I took the BS to dealer for a battery issue. But they did notice while they were driving and diagnosing that they heard the howling while in reverse. The phone call i got this morning they said that it was coming from the front brakes and not the rear brakes. Will update once I get the BS back later today.

Bez

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Outer Banks in early 2021.
I have been trying to get this resolved this since about 8000 miles and I have just over 30,000 mile now.
We have had the vehicle in 3 times for the noise heard from the brakes when backing up (It sounds like a moaning and squealing noise).
The TSB 22-2326 was completed at the dealership Lasko Ford in Fenton, MI on Jan 21st. But I still hear the noise as loud as ever.
I saw another post that talked about the Brake Auto Hold Function may be the culprit. I have not tested turning it off because my car is at the Lasko Ford Dealership in Fenton, MI right now. But I like that feature and would like to still use with minus the noise.
Is there anything Ford can do to help resolve this?

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Outer Banks in early 2021.
I have been trying to get this resolved this since about 8000 miles and I have just over 30,000 mile now.
We have had the vehicle in 3 times for the noise heard from the brakes when backing up (It sounds like a moaning and squealing noise).
The TSB 22-2326 was completed at the dealership Lasko Ford in Fenton, MI on Jan 21st. But I still hear the noise as loud as ever.
I saw another post that talked about the Brake Auto Hold Function may be the culprit. I have not tested turning it off because my car is at the Lasko Ford Dealership in Fenton, MI right now. But I like that feature and would like to still use with minus the noise.
Is there anything Ford can do to help resolve this?
Hey there! Please send over your VIN as a private message? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your brake concerns.

robbrobb

Big Bend
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi Eric. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
I have the same issue. This is clearly a massive issue for many bronco sport owners. Ford, you need to fix this issue. Im sure if you dont, there will be a class action lawsuit coming forth at some point. Do the write thing, please and fix this issue. Thank you.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I saw a couple people had this problem when you reverse the brake and it sounds like the rear brakes make this aggressive swirling sound. I took it to the dealership where I bought my car and they sanded the brakes. But 10 days later the sound returned. Brought it to the dealership again. They did absolutely nothing to the car and said it’s normal. Which I highly doubt it is. So I wasn’t really liking the dealership so I’m now going to a different Ford dealership. If this problem returns again I definitely will see if this dealer can figure it out. I’ve heard good things about this place from a coworker. Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed. If it has been fixed please share what you had done.
That is a very common problem. I've been putting up with it for about a year and finally decided to upgrade the rear rotors and pads from PowerStop. It cost $148 for two slotted and drilled rotors and a two pair of carbon/ceramic pads. The Ford TSB addresses this with relpacing the two caliper guide pins on each side. Unfortunately Ford has back ordered the kit now for 6 months but they are available on Amazon for $14 (original Ford). Since my left rear rotor was scored and I was tired of the brake dust I decided to go with the upgrade. Money well spent, the new brakes release instantly, absolutely no sound and no dust! It cost me another $180 to have them installed. Would have done it myself but the shop has all the tools and the diagnostic equipment to disable the electric Parking/Hold function and lube and cleaner and all of that. When the front brakes are ready to be replaced I'll be upgrading the front as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That is a very common problem. I've been putting up with it for about a year and finally decided to upgrade the rear rotors and pads from PowerStop.
How long has it been since you did the swap?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Depending on the miles you drive, a two month or twelve month update will be interesting.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
The guide pins are the root cause of the noise, the dragging, the excessive brake dust. Replace the guide pins and that will solve the problem. Fords TSB was only for the pins, kind of lame that the dealer had to backirder the pin kits when Amazon sells the Ford OEM kits, had them in three days. The upgrade I performed was because one of my rotors developed grooves because of the calipers not sliding properly, heated the pads which caused the pad material to deposit on the rotor causing abnormal wear. The carbon/ceramic pads are another level, heat resistance and stopping are 30% higher than OEM pads. Time will tell as far as a comparison goes. Wish I had replaced the guide pins a year ago, would have saved the rotor. Love the BS so upgrading is really not a problem. I upgraded the intake and exhaust and did some other mods as well. Sort of ran out of upgrades so doing the brakes was about the only thing left to upgrade.

Valerierabago

Big Bend
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I saw a couple people had this problem when you reverse the brake and it sounds like the rear brakes make this aggressive swirling sound. I took it to the dealership where I bought my car and they sanded the brakes. But 10 days later the sound returned. Brought it to the dealership again. They did absolutely nothing to the car and said it’s normal. Which I highly doubt it is. So I wasn’t really liking the dealership so I’m now going to a different Ford dealership. If this problem returns again I definitely will see if this dealer can figure it out. I’ve heard good things about this place from a coworker. Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed. If it has been fixed please share what you had done.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Hello, the root cause is the caliper guide pins. Ford issued a TSB to replace the pins. Two dealers I went to confirmed it was covered, problem was the kit was backordered. I waited over 6 months and took action myself. I purchased the pin kits on Amazon which are Ford OEM, the same kits the dealers have backordered. I had the pins replaced, upgraded to performance rotors and pads and problem solved. No noise, no dust, smoother brake action. Sometimes you have to take action yourself. IMO the dealers are avoiding this. Especially when you can buy the kits on Amazon. Good luck.
Sponsored