Brakes making loud noise when backing up.

Drago77

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I waited about 4 weeks and then they came to my house and did repair . Took about a half hour , slide rubber bushing. Two per side . My opinion is it has something to do with that hold feature, which by the way is one of my favorites . Been fixed about 2 months now ,all good . Just a note , mine only started when it was18 months old .
Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 3D6E43CE-AD78-4793-865F-BA0EF96C14BC
Thank you. The noise began about the same time for mine.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
There is a tsb on that .It is the caliber bushings rubber boots . They will fix , paid for by Ford . Look it up on this forum , you can see my post .

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 8715443F-D817-4F3C-A306-5BEAAF739B73
Parts been on back order for 6 weeks as of 12/5/22

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
We purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Big Bend from Kreiger Ford in Columbus, Ohio. (November 2021)
We have had the vehicle in numerous times (6 times) for the noise heard from the brakes when backing up (It almost sounds like a moaning seal or something)
The Ford dealership in Columbus (Kreiger) and in Bellefontaine (Integrity) claim they never hear the noise. I even left the vehicle with them for the entire day one time. They have replaced the brake pads and have reset the brakes. It's still making that noise. I just want to be sure that the brakes are not being damaged. It just doesn't seem like that is normal.
I also have reached out to our salesperson to see if there are issues with these brakes on the vehicle.
What are possible next steps or what can/should be done to resolve this situation?
I have the same issue and no seems to k kw what the issue is. They blame the issue with Ford. Can some please help. I have had the unit for 11 months and have taken it to the Ford dealer 3 times. And still to this day no positive results have been obtained.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have the same issue and no seems to k kw what the issue is. They blame the issue with Ford. Can some please help. I have had the unit for 11 months and have taken it to the Ford dealer 3 times. And still to this day no positive results have been obtained.
Ford released a TSB recently which instructs dealer service to replace rear caliper bushings to fix the noise problem. Prior to that dealers didn't know how to fix it.

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Ford released a TSB recently which instructs dealer service to replace rear caliper bushings to fix the noise problem. Prior to that dealers didn't know how to fix it.
Thank you for this information. Would you happen know the date and or the reference that this was advised to all Ford Dealers?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Thank you for this information. Would you happen know the date and or the reference that this was advised to all Ford Dealers?
aug 17 22
T S B-22 2326 read

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This may help some, but of course not everyone.
If you are using the brake auto hold function if you have it, turn it off. See if the noise persists. My wife was complaining about the loud noise last week. I checked it out and it was super loud. Turned the auto hold off and noise is gone.
Still get the noise with the auto hold off. Notice it more if it's damp out.

mmazz71

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Gray
My Outer Banks had the "fix" and it is even worse. The "hold" function is not an issue because I don't even use it. Very embarrassing when backing up.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My Outer Banks had the "fix" and it is even worse. The "hold" function is not an issue because I don't even use it. Very embarrassing when backing up.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s brake concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

ROADTRIP

Big Bend
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took mine in on December 12th and they were supposed to be fixing this. Had to wait a long time for the part. Now it's still making noise and they are saying it's the brakes because they are glossed. My question was when the mechanic supposedly fixed the issue he didn't know that the brakes looked funny. She responded he wasn't checking the brakes. I'm sorry but Ford is putting a lot of lives at risk if they don't point out safety concerns will working on your car. This is why I only go for a recall.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm sorry but Ford is putting a lot of lives at risk if they don't point out safety concerns will working on your car. This is why I only go for a recall.
Noisy brakes (of the kind this thread is about) are not a safety concern. Although glazed (I assume the technician said "glazed," not "glossed") brake pads ARE a safety issue, their cause is not related to loud noises some report when backing up.

Brake pad glazing occurs when brake temperature exceeds the design limits, and is rarely the result of mechanical failure.

Brake glazing is pretty obvious by visual inspection (see link above). If your dealership is telling you that you have glazed brakes and is replacing the pads I would ask to see the pads they are removing. I would be very interested to know if you do indeed have glazed brakes.

Last edited:

ROADTRIP

Big Bend
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Noisy brakes (of the kind this thread is about) are not a safety concern. Although glazed (I assume the technician said "glazed," not "glossed") brake pads ARE a safety issue, their cause is not related to loud noises some report when backing

Brake glazing is pretty obvious by visual inspection (see link above). If your dealership is telling you that you have glazed brakes and is replacing the pads I would ask to see the pads they are removing. I would be very interested to know if you do indeed have glazed brakes.
Yeah the noise that sounds like a seal or tug boat is not the brakes. Somebody didn't know what they were doing so they are playing the guessing game. Brakes are covered although I didn't get a warranty and I'm at 19429 miles and it almost 2 yrs old.
I will tell them I want the old brakes. It's funny because I had a shop I trust check the brakes a month before getting an appointment for fors to check it. The point out everything if something catches their eye and the shop is not closed out to the customers. You can freely walk back and watch them work. They said the brakes were good and told me to go back to ford just in case their is a recall or warranty on something. A month later still going back to ford 😕.
Sponsored