First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
This happens every time in reverse, out of the garage when completely dry or out of a parking stall in the rain.
What happens if you back in garage or back into parking space? Does it make noise after driving and backing up? And if you back in, let it sit, then start up and go forward does it make noise then?

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What happens if you back in garage or back into parking space? Does it make noise after driving and backing up? And if you back in, let it sit, then start up and go forward does it make noise then?
With my car it was only after it was sitting a while.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I will definitely call them and tell them, likely I'll be paying for the break pads out of my own pocket in stead of getting them under warranty, but it will be well worth not hearing the sound of an elephant every time I reverse.
I had opened up a case with Ford Customer Service about the loud squeal coming from my rear brakes on my two month old Badlands. I just received a phone call from Ford that they will be closing the case since brakes are considered a "maintenance item" and not covered under warranty since my Badlands isn't affected by the brake recall. ?:mad::explode:

rvillebronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi
Providing an update to a previous post. I took my Badlands to the dealer and asked them to check the brakes. From what I understand, they took the brakes apart, put them back together, told me there was nothing wrong. The next morning I backed out of my driveway and lo and behold NO honk. It's been two weeks and all is good.

Cangulo08

Outer Banks
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same issue here and it's started only about a 2 months after I purchased the vehicle. I first was told that it was because the breaks were new and that was a common noise for new breaks. I then took it back it in because the noise continued. I was told they did not hear squealing but it literally does it every time. I called Ford customer service line and they recommended I take it to another service provider to see if they had a different diagnosis. I took it to les swab and they verified the noise. I called Ford dealership to make another appt to have them check the breaks again due to the noise and they said even if it was verified they would not be able to do anything about it if the brakes appeared and functioned correctly.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Same issue here and it's started only about a 2 months after I purchased the vehicle. I first was told that it was because the breaks were new and that was a common noise for new breaks. I then took it back it in because the noise continued. I was told they did not hear squealing but it literally does it every time. I called Ford customer service line and they recommended I take it to another service provider to see if they had a different diagnosis. I took it to les swab and they verified the noise. I called Ford dealership to make another appt to have them check the breaks again due to the noise and they said even if it was verified they would not be able to do anything about it if the brakes appeared and functioned correctly.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.
Won't do any good since I was already told by FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE that it is a "maintenance item" and they closed the case. So what good is having a brand new vehicle with bad brakes?

Last edited:

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Won't do any good since I was already told by FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE that it is a "maintenance item" and closed the case. So what good is have a brand new vehicle with bad brakes?
exactly.. I wasted my time when I brought it in. They said “no noise as customer states” I was like IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME I REVERSE. I figured I was SOL as they are saying my model isn’t in the recall even though it’s in the build date range of the recall and my brakes squell like it’s a 1960 bronco not a 2021…

all I can say is just FORD being FORD …

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So where are all the 'you have a warranty don't worry about anything' crowd? Here we have ppl all over the internet with brake noise and dealers say we don't hear anything or we not fixing cause vehicle still stops. But don't worry you have a warranty....

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So where are all the 'you have a warranty don't worry about anything' crowd? Here we have ppl all over the internet with brake noise and dealers say we don't hear anything or we not fixing cause vehicle still stops. But don't worry you have a warranty....
My issue is that these are the exact same brake pads that are part of the recall but, because I have the electric brake booster, I'm being told not to worry about it! What kind of total S#*t is that? :mad:

Cangulo08

Outer Banks
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What is so frustrating is that I took it to another service provider who sure enough verified the noise. I called Ford to make a 3rd appt and let them know I had taken it to another service provider who verified the noise and made a recommendation that would possibly address the issue and was told then that even if there is the noise they can't do anything about it. But well according to them there is no noise in the first place. At this point it's just want them to acknowledge there is a noise and a problem instead of just gaslighting. I have no trust or faith that they will be honest and diligent when it comes to servicing my vehicle in the future. They are only willing to or say what benefits or is convenient for them.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insist that you be present when the service tech tests the vehicle. Record it using your phone. If Ford refuses to honor your warranty then you'll have a legit dispute. Here's information about how to begin the dispute process:

https://www.ncdsusa.org/consumers/automotive-warranty-disputes/
Not only did my sales rep and his sales manager hear it, but the service writer heard it also and I have it on video. The service department said I still have to make an appointment to bring it in to "diagnose it" and see if it is a warranty item. So the service department is already blowing it off as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The service department said I still have to make an appointment to bring it in to "diagnose it" and see if it is a warranty item. So the service department is already blowing it off as well.
I'm not following. How are they blowing it off if they've asked you to bring it in for diagnosis?
Sponsored