Body and Paint issue

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We just picked up our new Bronco Sport and found a small issue on the doors. It looks almost like hail damage but its not, it came from the factory that way. We checked the other units on the dealers lot and they all have the same issue. Anyone else notice a problem like this? The dealer offered to fill the imperfections and paint them but I don't want to do that with a vehicle that is 2 days old, I want Ford to offer a solution. Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Body and Paint issue IMG_1638
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Looks like ripples from when the panel was stamped. I would see if a paintless dent repair expert could straighten them out. If not I would leave as is.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep mine is like that. I agree with the other guy. Paintless dent repair if it bothers you. It really is the only quality control issue on my Badlands I can find so it doesn't really bother me. And it's even more subtle than your picture and on just one side.

OP
OP

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just got the reply from Ford, they are refusing to do anything, that's how it is supposed to look apparently. Makes me nervous for the future issues with this thing.

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
Just got the reply from Ford, they are refusing to do anything, that's how it is supposed to look apparently. Makes me nervous for the future issues with this thing.
What a joke... That's awful. They're up to their necks in problems right now so they are avoiding anything else. It's almost 2022 I have a hard time believing something like that was part of the design :rolleyes:. FORD YOU SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT and seeing s**t like this makes me rethink going the Ford route.

OP
OP

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My issue is, should I wish to trade the vehicle in at a different manufacturers dealership on a different vehicle in a couple years, it looks like the car has hail damage or was dented by someone. I can't just tell them that its Fords shitty quality so just ignore it like they did. I might just return the vehicle and buy something else if they don't step up and do something, the experience with Ford and the dealer has been less than good all around.

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's how mine is too.

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ours has the same things. I was bummed and amused at how shoddy the craftsmanship is.

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine has it too, plus similar denting above the pillars/below where the the roof rack attaches to the roof. Came like it from factory. I just sucked it up because I like the vehicle and waited for it... but it's definitely annoying and people definitely have noticed it.

DavidJo3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We have parallel scratches on the door panels and roof edge as if the vehicle was buffed or conditioned. I didn't notice them until the sun hit it just right. Also noticing several little spots where the paint has worn through to the bare metal. They are all in different locations, not just in the front. I contacted our dealer because this wear looks like it is a factory problem.

OP
OP

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Good luck with Ford. We tried a second time for a warranty fix for ours and they said no, it is normal for the car to look that way. No one from Ford wants to look at the vehicle, however strangely enough the one Bronco sport I found with no body issues is the media car from Ford that is sitting at a dealership here. They are obviously having issues from the factory with the body and paint and won't want to go down the road of starting to repaint vehicles. Our dealer gave us 2 options, shut up and go away and keep the car or shut up and go away and give us the car back now. Its been a shitty experience all around, definitely never buying a vehicle at that dealership again and doubtful on Ford as well. I need a few service vans for my company next year, looking like G.M. gets my money.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
We have parallel scratches on the door panels and roof edge as if the vehicle was buffed or conditioned. I didn't notice them until the sun hit it just right. Also noticing several little spots where the paint has worn through to the bare metal. They are all in different locations, not just in the front. I contacted our dealer because this wear looks like it is a factory problem.
Hi there. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I'd like to look into things on my end.

Fergus

Outer Banks
First Name
Fergus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS OB
Have some on my OB but really only notice it when looking in side view mirrors.
Sponsored