Blown Speakers just by turning on stereo?

MoonWarrior

Outer Banks
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have never blown any speakers before but today I just turned on the radio like every day and instantly a horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of the rear speakers then my system turned itself off. excruciating pain in my right ear and a very upset dog! Ever since this happened the surround sound no longer works (rear speakers don’t work) so I am assuming the speakers blew but I don’t understand how that can that even happen with hardly any volume ? I am surprised my ear drum didn’t burst from the sound the speaker made but it still hurts a lot!. I have to call the dealer on Monday
and now I’m scared it will happen again when fixed.
Has this happened to anyone else or have you heard of something like this happening?
Sponsored

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
If you are under 36 000 miles it's covered under your bumper to bumper warranty. If over stay away from dealer. They'll rip you hard. Excellent replacement speakers on Amazon for 60 or so and high end for 80-100. The mounting brackets are about 10. The door panels are easy to remove and on all speakers, the "top" wire is your positive. Put some dynamat on the door panels to help with the incessant buzzing.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I would guess that there is a problem with the amplifier that surged and blew the speaker(s).

Bamendola

Badlands
First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I have never blown any speakers before but today I just turned on the radio like every day and instantly a horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of the rear speakers then my system turned itself off. excruciating pain in my right ear and a very upset dog! Ever since this happened the surround sound no longer works (rear speakers don’t work) so I am assuming the speakers blew but I don’t understand how that can that even happen with hardly any volume ? I am surprised my ear drum didn’t burst from the sound the speaker made but it still hurts a lot!. I have to call the dealer on Monday
Has this happened to anyone else or have you heard of something like this happening?
6/24/2023 Today when my husband started our Ford Bronco Badlands the same thing happened except after the horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of all the speakers (we think) it went into the crackling noise so high-pitched. It did sound like the speakers were blowing and we couldn’t get it to stop even if we shut off the car it wouldn’t stop. I quickly disconnected my phone. My husband tried stopping and starting the car it was probably a good 30 seconds. My eardrum is killing me. Sadly we had a 2 1/2 year old in the backseat of the car and I couldn’t get him out of the car seat quick enough, our radio and our surroundsound and speaker are working. But it’s been two hours since it happened and my ear still hurts. We have no idea what it was or why it happened.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
6/24/2023 Today when my husband started our Ford Bronco Badlands the same thing happened except after the horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of all the speakers (we think) it went into the crackling noise so high-pitched. It did sound like the speakers were blowing and we couldn’t get it to stop even if we shut off the car it wouldn’t stop. I quickly disconnected my phone. My husband tried stopping and starting the car it was probably a good 30 seconds. My eardrum is killing me. Sadly we had a 2 1/2 year old in the backseat of the car and I couldn’t get him out of the car seat quick enough, our radio and our surroundsound and speaker are working. But it’s been two hours since it happened and my ear still hurts. We have no idea what it was or why it happened.
@Bamendola Do you have the optional B&O (Bang & Olufsen) Sound System or the 6 speaker standard system?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MoonWarrior Do you have the optional B&O (Bang & Olufsen) Sound System or the 6 speaker standard system?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
From what the two posters experienced, the name Bang & Olufsen is appropriate.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you ask?
Was interesting to see both you @Bamendola and @MoonWarrior report a similar issue and was curious to know if both have the optional B&O (Bang & Olufsen) Sound System or the 6 speaker standard system.

Others posted here it might be due to the amplifier.

I also have the B&O Sound System and occasionally after starting the engine I will hear a pretty loud but very short duration “pop” from the speakers. But so far no ‘blown speakers’.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Did this happen under CarPlay?

I've noticed mine changes volume during CarPlay. It almost feels like it's switching from Phone Call (or some other) volume to Audio volume. Or I wonder if it's switching to a bluetooth streaming. I don't remember having this issue before pairing it via bluetooth.

Bamendola

Badlands
First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Was interesting to see both you @Bamendola and @MoonWarrior report a similar issue and was curious to know if both have the optional B&O (Bang & Olufsen) Sound System or the 6 speaker standard system.

Others posted here it might be due to the amplifier.

I also have the B&O Sound System and occasionally after starting the engine I will hear a pretty loud but very short duration “pop” from the speakers. But so far no ‘blown speakers’.
Very interesting. Did you have it looked at?
Sponsored