Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi,
My media centre screen is blank. the reverse camera comes on and the start up sequence of the rolling rocks and the bronco is there. Then, blackness.

We just came home from a weekend trip, 300km home journey. All was functioning fine. Nipped back out in the 2022 BS OBX to the store about 30 mins after getting home and found this problem. Can hear music and volume works But on/off/stand by doesn’t work.

I did a “soft rest” (YT video tip) which was pressing the standby button and the skip forward button at the same time for 10 seconds. Hurray! Got the start up sequence…..then, black. I included a photo of the buttons.

I also noticed this icon in the top right that I don’t recall seeing, looks electrical-related. Could it be related? See photo.

Anyone had this before and were you able to fix? I have seen some instructions for a Battery Monitoring System Reset, which is something like flash the main beam 5 times and press the brake 3 times, but I haven’t tried it yet.

p.s. I did make a post recently about a battery trickle charger but I have not installed or attached it yet, so it’s not something I caused as far as I am aware!
Ford Bronco Sport Black/blank screen, media centre/stereo, hoping for some help IMG_4119

Ford Bronco Sport Black/blank screen, media centre/stereo, hoping for some help IMG_4117
Sponsored

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi,
My media centre screen is blank. the reverse camera comes on and the start up sequence of the rolling rocks and the bronco is there. Then, blackness.

We just came home from a weekend trip, 300km home journey. All was functioning fine. Nipped back out in the 2022 BS OBX to the store about 30 mins after getting home and found this problem. Can hear music and volume works But on/off/stand by doesn’t work.

I did a “soft rest” (YT video tip) which was pressing the standby button and the skip forward button at the same time for 10 seconds. Hurray! Got the start up sequence…..then, black. I included a photo of the buttons.

I also noticed this icon in the top right that I don’t recall seeing, looks electrical-related. Could it be related? See photo.

Anyone had this before and were you able to fix? I have seen some instructions for a Battery Monitoring System Reset, which is something like flash the main beam 5 times and press the brake 3 times, but I haven’t tried it yet.

p.s. I did make a post recently about a battery trickle charger but I have not installed or attached it yet, so it’s not something I caused as far as I am aware!
Ford Bronco Sport Black/blank screen, media centre/stereo, hoping for some help IMG_4119

Ford Bronco Sport Black/blank screen, media centre/stereo, hoping for some help IMG_4117
I also just performed a key cycle as per these instructions
https://www.ford.ca/support/how-tos/sync/troubleshooting/perform-a-key-cycle/

And I took a better photo of the icon. I tried to find its meaning online and couldn’t

Ford Bronco Sport Black/blank screen, media centre/stereo, hoping for some help IMG_8067

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi,

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just to eliminate the simple stuff: did you try pressing the screen control button? It switches the SYNC display between on, clock only, and off. It's the far right button in the row of buttons below the SYNC screen.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just to eliminate the simple stuff: did you try pressing the screen control button? It switches the SYNC display between on, clock only, and off. It's the far right button in the row of buttons below the SYNC screen.
Hi, yes I did. Thx for the suggestion though

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
My media center screen is working, but the gauge cluster screen is not. Yesterday e
When I started the BS to go to work, the screen above the steering wheel is blank/black. When I started the BS to leave work 8.5 hours later, the same thing. The dealership can' t get it in for 10 days. Fortunately, the analog speedometer works so I can monitor my speed. At this point I don't know if any thing that uses that screen works such as the ACC, lane keeping, odometer, etc.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My media center screen is working, but the gauge cluster screen is not. Yesterday e
When I started the BS to go to work, the screen above the steering wheel is blank/black. When I started the BS to leave work 8.5 hours later, the same thing. The dealership can' t get it in for 10 days. Fortunately, the analog speedometer works so I can monitor my speed. At this point I don't know if any thing that uses that screen works such as the ACC, lane keeping, odometer, etc.
Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Mine needed a part called an "APIM" which controls all the accessories apparently. Once I got mine in the shop, they tried some stuff and then ordered this APIM. It took nearly a week for the part to arrive and I had my car returned exactly one week later. I could have picked it up and driven it without the screen operating but I am fortunate to have a work truck so I just left it there. All covered under warranty thankfully. Did you research any potential fixes? Let us know what happens 🤞🏼

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Mine needed a part called an "APIM" which controls all the accessories apparently. Once I got mine in the shop, they tried some stuff and then ordered this APIM. It took nearly a week for the part to arrive and I had my car returned exactly one week later. I could have picked it up and driven it without the screen operating but I am fortunate to have a work truck so I just left it there. All covered under warranty thankfully. Did you research any potential fixes? Let us know what happens 🤞🏼
Thanks for the info.
I have tried to find a fix. From my search so far, this issue affects the center media display. There was one that involved the driver info screen, but in that case both screens were affected.

I will update when I have more info.

**UPDATE** it has been going in and out for no apparent reason. It was out Wed, Thurs and this morning. I drove to work and then to meeting 1.5 hours away without it. Three hours later, when I got in to drive back to work, it was working. It was still working when I drove from work. Very frustrating.
Sponsored

Last edited: