Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Infotainment System Issues

A few weeks ago I started having some issues with my CarPlay where it would just outright not connect even though my phone was showing it being charged or when it was connected if I clicked the skip song button, it would change to a radio station rather than skip the song I was playing in Apple Music.

I noticed too when I tried deleting CarPlay accounts from within my BS that they would disappear briefly but then show up again later.

Today when trying to resolve that issue, I did a master reset and now my screen is black. The bronco intro video will start up when I enter the car but then afterwards the screen will go black and a random radio station will play. I can only change the sound level and I can’t change radio stations, etc.

Anyone know the fix for this so that my infotainment system operates as normal?

Also oddly the backup camera will turn on when I’m in reverse but once I put it back into drive it goes black again.
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Try reinstalling Sync from a USB

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Do you know if when I plug the usb in if it would still update even if the screen is black?
It should as long as the usb is formatted correctly. You don't have to hit anything to start the install, so in theory it should. You may not know when to do the key cycle though. You may have to just let it run for 30 minutes to make sure you gave it enough time. Then restart the car and cross your fingers.

OP
OP

Fredghost

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It should as long as the usb is formatted correctly. You don't have to hit anything to start the install, so in theory it should. You may not know when to do the key cycle though. You may have to just let it run for 30 minutes to make sure you gave it enough time. Then restart the car and cross your fingers.
I got this to work. I just plugged the usb in and let my car run for about 30 minutes and when I checked back the screen was on.
Thank you for the suggestion.

CarPlay is working again but I’m still having the issue when playing Apple Music when I click the skip song button it changes my music to the radio instead. Can’t figure out the fix for it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Infotainment System Issues

A few weeks ago I started having some issues with my CarPlay where it would just outright not connect even though my phone was showing it being charged or when it was connected if I clicked the skip song button, it would change to a radio station rather than skip the song I was playing in Apple Music.

I noticed too when I tried deleting CarPlay accounts from within my BS that they would disappear briefly but then show up again later.

Today when trying to resolve that issue, I did a master reset and now my screen is black. The bronco intro video will start up when I enter the car but then afterwards the screen will go black and a random radio station will play. I can only change the sound level and I can’t change radio stations, etc.

Anyone know the fix for this so that my infotainment system operates as normal?

Also oddly the backup camera will turn on when I’m in reverse but once I put it back into drive it goes black again.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored