Cromero15

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands 2021
Anyone know what type or size bolt to use on front skid plate? I noticed one missing on passenger side of my Bronco Sport Badlands 2021. I attached a pic from google and circled the specific area I’m referring to. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
Ford Bronco Sport Missing Bolt on Front Skid Plate IMG_1010
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Take another one off and match it up at a hardware store. My local Ace hardware store has a great selection of nuts, bolts, fasteners, etc.

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
On my 2022 Badlands, I just did my first oil change yesterday. After removing the 6 bolts (1/2 inch socket) and the 4 torx screws I was able to get at the drain plug and filter. No problems.
But upon putting ack the skid plate, the second bolt on passenger side had no threads to screw it into. The spot welded nut must have let go on removal and disappeared. Could not get at it to look. Now I have 5 bolts holding the plate. Should do.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
On my 2022 Badlands, I just did my first oil change yesterday. After removing the 6 bolts (1/2 inch socket) and the 4 torx screws I was able to get at the drain plug and filter. No problems.
But upon putting ack the skid plate, the second bolt on passenger side had no threads to screw it into. The spot welded nut must have let go on removal and disappeared. Could not get at it to look. Now I have 5 bolts holding the plate. Should do.
If it bugged me enough, I'd buy a self taping bolt for the one that's missing its bolt, as it can tap into the hole that is there now.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Is the hole small enough to install a nutsert? Cheers!
Sponsored