PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Has the engine difference been mentioned? I would like the Outer Banks with the 2.0. Hopefully, that will be a choice when the extended warranty has expired with my current vehicle in late 2022.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has the engine difference been mentioned? I would like the Outer Banks with the 2.0. Hopefully, that will be a choice when the extended warranty has expired with my current vehicle in late 2022.
Get the badlands. I disagree. The 2.0 should not be on every trim level. Life is full of choices.

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend v Outer Banks PXL_20210609_141946489

I assume this is rain sensing
That is for how fast you want your wipers to cycle. Rain sensing would be positioned on the first notch up ,this would activate rain sensing.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend v Outer Banks PXL_20210609_141946489

I assume this is rain sensing
Unfortunately, the Badlands does not have rain sensing wipers. Trust me...I know. My Fusion had them and I'm having a helluva time now trying to remember to manually turn my wipers on and off when necessary.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I first though I was gonna go badlands for the engine but I was curious about the 3cyl. I took one for a ride around my neighborhood, very hilly, and highway entrances... Handled fine and did what I need it to do for a daily driver. At that point I was locked in on a BB but after realizing the difference, I went for some of the extras in the OB. Got 3k on it and don't even think about the bigger engine.
Agreed with the 1.5. all the test drives I took it seemed more than capable. Dealers convinced me the 2.0 was a significant difference. So far it's been great but I don't see the big benefit.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
pretty sure the badlands has rain-sensing wipers as well. I have an internal dial on the wiper arm. I assume that's what you are referencing?
That's to set the delay on intermittent. Badlands doesn't have rain-sensing even with Badlands package it's one of few things only on OB. For me, was a plus. I find they're usually set too sensitive and wipe (i.e. smear) too much.

Goombah

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 & 2021 Bronco Sport BB
Our BB has insulation under the hood. I added Katzkin leather in the deal. A much superior leather than factory. And I didn’t care for the 18” wheels on the OB. All subjective.

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry I didn't get the adaptive cruise. I thought it was included with my OB trim, but sadly, an upgrade I didn't get. I think maybe you have to get the whole Bose upgrade to get the adaptive cruise - not sure.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Sorry I didn't get the adaptive cruise. I thought it was included with my OB trim, but sadly, an upgrade I didn't get. I think maybe you have to get the whole Bose upgrade to get the adaptive cruise - not sure.
I think adaptive cruise comes with the 360+ option in any package.