Big Bend owners -- who has the most trouble-free miles?

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I came from Honda and they were directed to keep that original oil in as long as possible. They add extra moly additives to help with the break in period. I don't believe Ford has any direction but someone else posted a Blackstone oil test result that showed extra moly additives.

To me, the absence of direction means I should treat it as a normal oil interval and follow the BS's oil life indicator. The results showing extra additives solidifies that decision.
I was not aware of the extra additives
Sponsored

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Damn am I an idiot? Iā€™m about to hit 5k this weekend and have had zero direction from the dealership on when I should do oil changes or any ā€œbreak inā€ process. I bought the program that covers oil changes every 10k so should I get one every 5?
No. Some people are stuck in the past or are suckers for dealer sales tactics. :crackup:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
30K miles.

The YETI

Base
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 SCREW/2021 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Almost 22,000 miles. Had the moaning brake recall done 5 months ago, no problems at all with BS.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Brake moan replacement but still moans.
Leaking water pump losing coolant and taking forever to give me heat, repaired successfully.
In general, just poor customer service from Ford corporate concerning previous and current vehicles like my low mileage original owner Excursion just rotting away to nothing. Crappy, actually no satisfactory response when dealer fā€™d up Fusion airbag replacement. No response to premature rear tire wear on Explorer due to rear link recall. Otherwise dandy.

Discussing things that MAY happen, thatā€™s a huge cya thing that every business does. Aspirin MAY burn a hole in your stomach. This pill or that injection MAY cause (insert something nasty here) fever, palpitations, blurry vision, headaches, bleeding, death. Just cya. šŸ˜ƒ

Mario454

Big Bend
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
25k miles and counting. Only issue was a bad leveling install in which they didnā€™t fix the alignment and caused rear tires (ko2ā€™s) to be completely worn at 11k. Waiting on recall as well

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
40k miles on my big bend. Iā€™ve had a few recalls done and electrical gremlins pop up but nothing that really concerns me. Iā€™d say itā€™s been pretty reliable so far.

Ecom911

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
38,900kms, Brake recall done, regular oil changes, still waiting on the fuel injector recall parts, no other issues and a great dealer experience (after 12 family vehicles) no real issues and still love the BB!

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
No problems with the wife's BB but it only has 1224 miles on it since it was bought in May. I hope all these problems everybody is listing doesn't happen to her Bronco Sport.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Almost 11k with no issues. Cheers!
Sponsored