Big Bend hard to add fuel

Marky

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Anyone else having trouble fueling up?. My 2021 Big Bend will not take fuel into the fuel neck easily. Have to add it very slow
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Anyone else having trouble fueling up?. My 2021 Big Bend will not take fuel into the fuel neck easily. Have to add it very slow
No problems over here at a pump
If you are trying to fill from a Jerry can you should have gotten a funnel with the vehicle, use that funnel it helps a lot.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I took it in to my Ford dealer and they are working with the engineers apparently now
Keeps us all posted please.

BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Escape
What I have found on my Big Bend is that the pump spout doesn't just slide in, that you have to give it an extra push. Feels like there is check valve that you have to push through.

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
What I have found on my Big Bend is that the pump spout doesn't just slide in, that you have to give it an extra push. Feels like there is check valve that you have to push through.
Thanks I will try that!

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
I noticed the same thing when I first pumped gas so every time I pump gas I always give it a little push. No issues

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I took it in to my Ford dealer and they are working with the engineers apparently now
Marky, others here are saying the nozzle just needs a little push to get by the second flap. Yours actually had a problem where technicians are scratching their collective heads with your Sport?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There are specific fueling instructions in The Manual -- for how to insert, fuel, and remove the fuel nozzle! It says if you are lifting up rather than resting it on the filler pipe, the pump can shut off early. It also says, essentially, do not rotate the pump handle more than a few degrees left or right while fueling. I suspect it's either the particular Ford 'Easy Fuel' dual flaps/valves in there, or the specific shape of the filler neck -- their illustration shows a sort of 'can' receiving the filler nozzle, with a narrower filler neck beyond that.

Last edited:

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There's a little pictographs sticker inside the filler door. My interpretation is to place nozzle in wait 3 seconds then pull back and place it in again. This time the little flap releases and you can get nozzle all the way in. I gassed up second time yesterday and it was way easier than first time.

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Update...firstly thanks for all input as it was spot on. My Ford dealer advised this is normal procedure to push the nozzle further past the second valve.

nny_bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Man am I glad I came here. I was afraid I had the same problem I used to have on my 2003 Explorer. Even going slowly the pump would shut off constantly when filling up. I will try this on my next fill up...

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Refueled mine for the first time this morning.

I stuck the nozzle in as far as I could go at first and it didn't really want to pump. Pulled it out a bit and it filled fine without any issue.
Sponsored