B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been driving around now with the BFG KO2’s in 245/65r17 for a good while now and I absolutely love them. They did feel really firm at first but I realized they were at like 45 psi. I dropped them down to about 35 psi and I the ride comfort has felt great.
My question is for those that also run the KO2’s in that size what psi are you running at for your daily driving? Is 35 psi too low for these tires? Might be a dumb question but I appreciate any feedback!
Sponsored

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I believe 35 psi is fine. I ran that on my Jeep Liberty with KO2s. The load rating on tires is based on inflation, the higher the load, the higher inflation should be (without exceding max inflation rating on the tire). The BS is a fairly light vehicle. Check you tire wear. I overinflated my trailer tires and wore out the center in just a couple of thousand miles. The trailer tires are rated for 90 psi, and I had them inflated to 40. Trailer was designed for a much heavier boat.

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I’ve been driving around now with the BFG KO2’s in 245/65r17 for a good while now and I absolutely love them. They did feel really firm at first but I realized they were at like 45 psi. I dropped them down to about 35 psi and I the ride comfort has felt great.
My question is for those that also run the KO2’s in that size what psi are you running at for your daily driving? Is 35 psi too low for these tires? Might be a dumb question but I appreciate any feedback!
It doesn't matter what tires you have. Go by the door sticker that says 33 lbs. cold.

OP
OP
B-Dog15

B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It doesn't matter what tires you have. Go by the door sticker that says 33 lbs. cold.
I’ve heard this but have also seen people say that it’s more tire specific rather than vehicle specific… I’ve looked for a recommended psi online on some different places but couldn’t get a definitive answer so maybe you are correct in that the 33 psi is what is best regardless of tire!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve heard this but have also seen people say that it’s more tire specific rather than vehicle specific… I’ve looked for a recommended psi online on some different places but couldn’t get a definitive answer so maybe you are correct in that the 33 psi is what is best regardless of tire!
At least one of Falken Tires post provided the information

I think it is in this post but it’s pretty lengthy.., hope you find the psi info..

Look for “load capacity” here:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/hello-from-falken-tires.4072/

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
All tire manufacturers have psi tables basd on weight load if you want to go by that. KO2’S are designed to ruN as low as 10 psi, I believe, offroad, so 33 is more than adequate for a light vehicle.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't have K02's but I do have 245 65 17 Falkens and I run 33psi, anything more and the Badlands starts to get bouncy.
I do have 35/12.50/15 K02's on my Toyota 4x4 pickup, in the rear tires I run no more than 20psi. The rear is so light when not carrying anything substantial in the bed anymore air in the rear tires makes it ride like having Flintstone rock wheels.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Try this:

https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/