Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hey guys! I brought home my Bronco Sport Big Bend yesterday! I knew when I ordered that I wanted to get a dash cam. I'm looking for a dual channel dash cam (front and rear) that can handle daily Florida heat. I'm currently looking at the Viofo A129 Plus Duo. Can anybody recommend and dual channel dash cams that you're currently using? I've learned so much from this forum! This community is great!

Photo of my new baby for tax!

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? 20220407_135355
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Not entirely related and not at all helpful for you, but I just don't understand why dash cams have to be so big. First, a screen on the dashcam is not useful at all. Yes, I have seen a few that don't have a screen but the norm seems to be to have a screen, but why? Just let me push the video to my phone or tablet or whatever. Second, cellphone cameras a much higher quality and about the size of a fingernail. Yes, it needs to have batteries and wireless module and power supply stuff, so the max size should be less than 1" cube.

The other issue with all these cams (dash, doorbell, security, etc) is that the video is never good enough to get any good information from. For the most part you can never read a license plate or barely make out a face. Sure if something stupid happens you'll have a fun video to share on YouTube but practically speaking these cams just don't seem to provide any real value.

Sorry, rant off.

OP
OP
Araasis

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not entirely related and not at all helpful for you, but I just don't understand why dash cams have to be so big. First, a screen on the dashcam is not useful at all. Yes, I have seen a few that don't have a screen but the norm seems to be to have a screen, but why? Just let me push the video to my phone or tablet or whatever. Second, cellphone cameras a much higher quality and about the size of a fingernail. Yes, it needs to have batteries and wireless module and power supply stuff, so the max size should be less than 1" cube.

The other issue with all these cams (dash, doorbell, security, etc) is that the video is never good enough to get any good information from. For the most part you can never read a license plate or barely make out a face. Sure if something stupid happens you'll have a fun video to share on YouTube but practically speaking these cams just don't seem to provide any real value.

Sorry, rant off.
I totally understand where you're coming from. I actually prefer my dash cam to not have a screen aswell. I've seen a lot of scenarios where a dash cam was useful, but this one comes to mind the most...I saw a video of a car getting onto the highway with a car in front of them. That car suddenly stops, and goes into reverse and backs into the cammer car. The driver then calls the police and insurance company to say she was rear ended. She didn't know that the driver had a dash cam and the cops were able to clear them of any fault immediately. The dash cam of the driver that "hit" her literally saved them from an insurance scam. We like to think those people don't exist but trust me, they do.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Congratulations! What a beautiful blue!!
I've been back and forth about getting a dash camera, so I'll be following.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I totally understand where you're coming from. I actually prefer my dash cam to not have a screen aswell. I've seen a lot of scenarios where a dash cam was useful, but this one comes to mind the most...I saw a video of a car getting onto the highway with a car in front of them. That car suddenly stops, and goes into reverse and backs into the cammer car. The driver then calls the police and insurance company to say she was rear ended. She didn't know that the driver had a dash cam and the cops were able to clear them of any fault immediately. The dash cam of the driver that "hit" her literally saved them from an insurance scam. We like to think those people don't exist but trust me, they do.
Yes, that is the kind of scenario where a dash cam is good to have. Any scenario where you actually have to capture meaningful information about car/person in order to track them down just does not seem to be solved with current dashcams/doorbell cams.

Deleted member 6599

Mount the camera directly behind the rear view Mirror so your view of the road remains unobstructed. I’ve seen pics on here of people mounting them in bad spots with wires hanging down. No good.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

Sorry, rant off.
They pay for themselves 10x over if you get into an accident that the other driver tries to blame you for....assuming they're at fault.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I'm going with the Viofo V139 2ch. I like the very thin coaxial cable for rear camera, 1/3 the diameter of the usual USB cable, and USB-C for front power.
Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? viofo

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I agree with you that some of these units are far larger than would seem necessary, but I disagree they don't provide useful data. Below is an image I captured from the video taken by my dashcam which is absolutely clear enough to provide a license plate number.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? frontexample-

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm looking for a dual channel dash cam (front and rear) that can handle daily Florida heat. I'm currently looking at the Viofo A129 Plus Duo. Can anybody recommend and dual channel dash cams that you're currently using?
I installed a REDTIGER F7N acquired from Amazon. I documented the install in this thread.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a dual channel ThinkWare U1000. Front camera shoots 4K and I've been able to pull plates from video. It's bigger than I wanted, but doesn't obstruct my view. It runs on a capacitor instead of a battery, so it will hopefully withstand the Texas heat this summer.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? KUFIPZD

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? 0iCH125

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? yqHWpc1

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? V8lpS1Y

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? Y7nw7v

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? l6TcM5a

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? NcO4QQq

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you that some of these units are far larger than would seem necessary, but I disagree they don't provide useful data. Below is an image I captured from the video taken by my dashcam which is absolutely clear enough to provide a license plate number.

Ford Bronco Sport Best Dash Cam? frontexample-
That picture might be clear enough on your computer but I'm guessing the forum must not post at full resolution because I could not read that plate from that image.

OP
OP
Araasis

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That picture might be clear enough on your computer but I'm guessing the forum must not post at full resolution because I could not read that plate from that image.
I definitely can read that plate! Overall, I think it's a good thing to have
Sponsored