Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Don't we make anything in this country anymore?
Yeah we make plenty of people too lazy to work.
Of course Tesla builds cars on American soil with NON union American workers and they make most every part on American soil. They are the Leader in Electric cars and that guy is so far ahead of the big auto makers.
Did you know Tesla has completed the hardware tech for full auto drive ? He is still clearing safety hurdles one software tweak at a time.
Oh and He is working on the first commercial electric passenger air craft.
While useless people still are getting food stamps but able to pay for cell phones, cigarettes and tattoos!
Beam me up Scotty !
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There are good reasons why we donā€™t make lead acid batteries in the US anymore.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Have to go check mine, not having any problems like reported here....

EDIT:
My battery is a BHEF-48H6, made in China......... ugh!!
That's the same battery that's in mine. Pictured here currently on the battery maintainer...
Ford Bronco Sport Battery replaced after 3 months IMG_20220419_213319459

P.S. if your vehicle came with the same BHEF, then the AGM is a slight upgrade. Same battery group, 760 cca instead of 700. Same 120min reserve.
Ford Bronco Sport Battery replaced after 3 months Capture.JPG

Spec sheet @:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/motorcraft_battery_specification_chart-pdf.12361/

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
That's the same battery that's in mine. Pictured here currently on the battery maintainer...
Ford Bronco Sport Battery replaced after 3 months IMG_20220419_213319459

P.S. if your vehicle came with the same BHEF, then the AGM is a slight upgrade. Same battery group, 760 cca instead of 700. Same 120min reserve.
Ford Bronco Sport Battery replaced after 3 months Capture.JPG

Spec sheet @:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/motorcraft_battery_specification_chart-pdf.12361/
AGM batteries are better than ordinary FLA (flooded lead-acid) in many ways -- some of which are N/A for most vehicle applications though:

* They are spill-proof. Originally designed for use in military aircraft and tanks.
* They do not off-gas, so they can be used indoors without ventilation.
* They can charge and discharge at a much higher rate (amps).
* Their service life is much longer.
* Some other stuff I've forgotten.

For our use, the primary advantage is increased life. If the prices above are accurate, $25 LESS for the AGM is clearly the way to go.

The OE AGM starting battery in our Sprinter-based RV lasted 10 years, and was still working when we replaced it. It might have gone another (say) 2-3 years. Obviously that's just one battery -- and I did keep a Battery Tender (BT) on it, but still -- 10 years and still working is impressive.

BTW -- last I saw, AGM replacements for the 6V golf cart batteries (used as 'coach'/house batteries in RVs) cost 2-3 TIMES more than a typical GC battery. $200 vs $225 is a great deal -- although the FLA battery may be overpriced.

One thing I did notice at the MachE forum link above is that the BHEF is listed as a "Fleet Tough/Extra" battery. I have no idea what that means but a decent AGM should be more durable than any FLA battery. Of course, there's probably a range of quality with AGM batteries, just as with anything else. The industry standard seems to be Lifeline (made in the USA). If the 'BAGM' is made in China like the BHEF it's hard to say.

If Ford has been using/offering the BAGM for a while in other models (like the Escape) perhaps there are owners who have had the BAGM for several years and have posted about it.

Last edited:

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hummm,

AGM or Absorbent Glass Mat is an advanced lead-acid battery that provides superior power to support the higher electrical demands of today's vehicles and start-stop applications. AGM batteries are extremely resistant to vibration, are totally sealed, non spillable and maintenance-free

Have to go check mine, not having any problems like reported here....

EDIT:
My battery is a BHEF-48H6, made in China......... ugh!!

Don't we make anything in this country anymore?
Im guessing you are at least 55+ in age. I hate to tell you but all vehicles regardless of manufacturer is made with global materials

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Shutting down accessory systems to conserve power"....or something like that. Question.....Is Ford having a problem with there gel batteries?
Mine does that if I donā€™t drive it every single day. Iā€™ve got a lead acid wet battery not an AGM.
When did Ford start putting more expensive AGMā€™s in at the factory??

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So AGM tech cost twice as much and last twice as long.
Of course they cost twice as much.
There are no money deals for the consumer.
Iā€™m getting one for better overall battery performance

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
They are the Leader in Electric cars and that guy is so far ahead of the big auto makers.
Did you know Tesla has completed the hardware tech for full auto drive ? He is still clearing safety hurdles one software tweak at a time.
Oh and He is working on the first commercial electric passenger air craft.
While useless people still are getting food stamps but able to pay for cell phones, cigarettes and tattoos!
Beam me up Scotty !
none of this is true lol

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none of this is true lol
It is so true that Elon was not invited to the annual energy meeting at the White House that the big auto makers go to annually because he is not union and he would make the others look bad.
But most donā€™t seek the truth they only believe what they read on the internet and hear on the news channels.
I can find a false ā€˜Truthā€™ to almost any view that makes me comfortable.
I hope some are learning that mainstream news is now and has been for some time bought and paid for propaganda.
Sponsored