prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
My Ford Bronco Sport is a BadLand 2021 and I purchased it in Jan/22.
Sponsored

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was at the dealer today regarding the Fuel Injector recall, and I mentioned "Oh, can you check and see if there is a TSB about the boat noise I sometimes", at which point the guy behind the counter immediately said "yes there is" without needing to look it up or ask for more information.

Sounds like in my neighborhood at least, enough Sports have had the issue that it is well known to the dealer I go to. I have been lucky in that mine isn't that bad, and I actually rarely back up generally speaking.

Here's hoping it can all get sorted out. I thought mine was a bit rough at times, but man, some of the videos on here make me understand that people meant a literal boat/horn noise on theirs.

Billy Goat

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
I was at the dealer today regarding the Fuel Injector recall, and I mentioned "Oh, can you check and see if there is a TSB about the boat noise I sometimes", at which point the guy behind the counter immediately said "yes there is" without needing to look it up or ask for more information.

Sounds like in my neighborhood at least, enough Sports have had the issue that it is well known to the dealer I go to. I have been lucky in that mine isn't that bad, and I actually rarely back up generally speaking.

Here's hoping it can all get sorted out. I thought mine was a bit rough at times, but man, some of the videos on here make me understand that people meant a literal boat/horn noise on theirs.

Billy Goat

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
My Outer Banks Sport has done it from day one. I have gotten used to it and can play different types of noise when the temperature is cold enough. I recently backed into the Ford dealership service area with it moaning away. Dealer said it is a common problem with a possible recall coming soon.
In the meantime I will continue to play the Bronco blues as I back up. This will be my way of a silent protest and a warning to anyone who is in the market for a new Ford.

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Mine does this as well when it has been sitting in the cold, luckily I park in the garage which is warm enough I can back out without waking the neighborhood.

The backup camera is great for backing into parking spaces so I can get away quietly...

aroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the dealership perform the TSB (had to wait for a week or so for parts). I thought the sound went away but it came back in different weather conditions. I took this video (55deg) and brought it back in. Parked overnight at the dealer but didn’t make the sound in the morning and even though they appreciated and acknowledged the video shows a problem they can’t troubleshoot unless they hear it at the dealer first hand. Hasn’t been making the noise since but I know it will come back and when it is more consistent I will bring it back in. It seems to happen when it is cold or rainy. Also driveway grades seem to make the noise appear more than flat terrain. Ford needs to figure out a fix besides the TSB.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I had the dealership perform the TSB (had to wait for a week or so for parts). I thought the sound went away but it came back in different weather conditions. I took this video (55deg) and brought it back in. Parked overnight at the dealer but didn’t make the sound in the morning and even though they appreciated and acknowledged the video shows a problem they can’t troubleshoot unless they hear it at the dealer first hand. Hasn’t been making the noise since but I know it will come back and when it is more consistent I will bring it back in. It seems to happen when it is cold or rainy. Also driveway grades seem to make the noise appear more than flat terrain. Ford needs to figure out a fix besides the TSB.

Make sure they grease the pins and bushings

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You're right; it shouldn't make that noise. And assuming your dealership is aware of just how bad the sound is, you should not be told it's normal. My advice (yes, I know it's a colossal hassle) is to take your car to the dealership and let it sit overnight during cooler weather. Park it in an area where there won't be anything behind you in the morning. Then you show up first thing in the morning with a copy of the Tech Service Bulletin that Burl (Scarecrow) linked to in his post above. You demand either the service manager or a senior technician go to the car with you so you can witness them hearing the noise.

If that doesn't prompt action from your dealership then you need to find another. If there is no other Ford dealership nearby then you should absolutely get rid of the car, and I would hope you would tell Ford that you are doing so and why.
*I took video and audio.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Try give the brakes a quick jab when backing up rather than a light drag. Solved the issue with mine. Just had to learn a new way of backing up.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Some excellent tug boat in the harbor sound videos in this thread. Good thing Ford came up with a TSB for this problem.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
After waiting two and a half months for the parts, I was notified last week that they have arrived. My 2021 Rapid Red Badlands arrived at the dealership tonight for its appointment tomorrow morning to install them.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
After waiting two and a half months for the parts, I was notified last week that they have arrived. My 2021 Rapid Red Badlands arrived at the dealership tonight for its appointment tomorrow morning to install them.
Finally, after advising the dealership of the squealing rear brake problem a year ago and then waiting two and a half months for the parts after the Ford TSB announcement, my 2021 Badlands Bronco Sport had the repair parts installed yesterday. After trying numerous times this morning in the damp and cold weather, the rear brakes are finally SILENT when backing up! :clap:

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I know this has been discussed because I read all the posts and comments. I have taken my Big Bend in twice for this sound and both times they have said they don't hear it. It was 80 degrees in Texas yesterday when they tested it- no sound. This morning in Texas 40 degrees and I backed out of my driveway and the sound is back. Service guy at the dealership admitted to me that he has had multiple Bronco owners with this same issue and since it is not a "safety" issue they will not fix it. He also said it does have something to do with temperature. I have owned a lot of cars and NEVER has any vehicle made a sound like this. It needs to be addressed as bigger issue if this many owners are dealing with this sound. At this point I may just trade it in with only 18,000 miles because it is embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle that sounds like it is 20 years old.

My has done this since day one of owning it.... The noise does go away after a few minutes of driving and knowing unfortunately that my Ford dealers dont have any appointments for my recalls unless i schedule it for like 3 months out, it will probably stay that way. *shrug*

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Maybe they should make all cars make this noise - it can be a safety feature that warns pedestrians that a car is backing up. ;)
Mine has done it since new - but only seems to do it the first time I backup on a drive. Once the brakes warm up, it quiets down. Not that big a deal for me.
What is a bigger deal to me is the huge amount of brake dust I get on the front wheels. I am not a hard driver.
Same here, it's been snowing heavy here for a couple days. When the bronco is cold,.backing out they grown...I correct it, pull away and it stops for tr rest of the drive. The bronco stops on a dime, nothing of great concern.

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer
I know this has been discussed because I read all the posts and comments. I have taken my Big Bend in twice for this sound and both times they have said they don't hear it. It was 80 degrees in Texas yesterday when they tested it- no sound. This morning in Texas 40 degrees and I backed out of my driveway and the sound is back. Service guy at the dealership admitted to me that he has had multiple Bronco owners with this same issue and since it is not a "safety" issue they will not fix it. He also said it does have something to do with temperature. I have owned a lot of cars and NEVER has any vehicle made a sound like this. It needs to be addressed as bigger issue if this many owners are dealing with this sound. At this point I may just trade it in with only 18,000 miles because it is embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle that sounds like it is 20 years old.
If your happy with your salesperson at the dealer ship then get them involved with them knowing how unhappy you are. If your not partial to the sales person then find a new dealership because this is a know problem across multiple vehicles and they are wasting your time. When I set up the appointment for my wife's BS OB I did not even get to finish the sentence about the brake noise when the service lady cut me off and typed in the TSB number from memory.
Sponsored