Broncoblues

Big Bend
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco Sport 2021
I know this has been discussed because I read all the posts and comments. I have taken my Big Bend in twice for this sound and both times they have said they don't hear it. It was 80 degrees in Texas yesterday when they tested it- no sound. This morning in Texas 40 degrees and I backed out of my driveway and the sound is back. Service guy at the dealership admitted to me that he has had multiple Bronco owners with this same issue and since it is not a "safety" issue they will not fix it. He also said it does have something to do with temperature. I have owned a lot of cars and NEVER has any vehicle made a sound like this. It needs to be addressed as bigger issue if this many owners are dealing with this sound. At this point I may just trade it in with only 18,000 miles because it is embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle that sounds like it is 20 years old.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I know this has been discussed because I read all the posts and comments. I have taken my Big Bend in twice for this sound and both times they have said they don't hear it. It was 80 degrees in Texas yesterday when they tested it- no sound. This morning in Texas 40 degrees and I backed out of my driveway and the sound is back. Service guy at the dealership admitted to me that he has had multiple Bronco owners with this same issue and since it is not a "safety" issue they will not fix it. He also said it does have something to do with temperature. I have owned a lot of cars and NEVER has any vehicle made a sound like this. It needs to be addressed as bigger issue if this many owners are dealing with this sound. At this point I may just trade it in with only 18,000 miles because it is embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle that sounds like it is 20 years old.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Here is the link to the TSB for that problem......

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/tsb-22-2326-moan-noise-in-the-rear-brakes-when-driven-in-reverse-in-cold-weather-or-high-humidity.7439/

Print it out and take to Dealer

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
A quick stab of the brakes while backing up seems to stop the noise. It only happens if it has been sitting a while (several hours) and seems to be worse if the humidity is high. When it's very cold and dry here in Wisconsin, it isn't typically heard. I figure I'll get it taken care of once they ever get the parts.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It is if the dealership keeps wasting my time by telling me they will not fix it. A vehicle should not make this sound EVER.
You're right; it shouldn't make that noise. And assuming your dealership is aware of just how bad the sound is, you should not be told it's normal. My advice (yes, I know it's a colossal hassle) is to take your car to the dealership and let it sit overnight during cooler weather. Park it in an area where there won't be anything behind you in the morning. Then you show up first thing in the morning with a copy of the Tech Service Bulletin that Burl (Scarecrow) linked to in his post above. You demand either the service manager or a senior technician go to the car with you so you can witness them hearing the noise.

If that doesn't prompt action from your dealership then you need to find another. If there is no other Ford dealership nearby then you should absolutely get rid of the car, and I would hope you would tell Ford that you are doing so and why.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Maybe they should make all cars make this noise - it can be a safety feature that warns pedestrians that a car is backing up. ;)
Mine has done it since new - but only seems to do it the first time I backup on a drive. Once the brakes warm up, it quiets down. Not that big a deal for me.
What is a bigger deal to me is the huge amount of brake dust I get on the front wheels. I am not a hard driver.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealership recently performed the TSB fix on the brakes. I think it took them about five weeks to get the parts.

My Badlands only made a slight creaking noise when braking in the morning. It went away immediately.

The brakes don’t feel any different after the fix and there is no noise whatsoever.

JBRUCE52

Badlands
First Name
JACK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT BADLANDS
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
You're right; it shouldn't make that noise. And assuming your dealership is aware of just how bad the sound is, you should not be told it's normal. My advice (yes, I know it's a colossal hassle) is to take your car to the dealership and let it sit overnight during cooler weather. Park it in an area where there won't be anything behind you in the morning. Then you show up first thing in the morning with a copy of the Tech Service Bulletin that Burl (Scarecrow) linked to in his post above. You demand either the service manager or a senior technician go to the car with you so you can witness them hearing the noise.

If that doesn't prompt action from your dealership then you need to find another. If there is no other Ford dealership nearby then you should absolutely get rid of the car, and I would hope you would tell Ford that you are doing so and why.
DON THAT!

Sirwallace

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
It is if the dealership keeps wasting my time by telling me they will not fix it. A vehicle should not make this sound EVER.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10181082-0001.pdf
https://www.ramforumz.com/threads/moaning-groaning-brakes.261033/page-3

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/brake-moan-when-cold-dealership-frustration.19907/

Not just the Bronco.

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same problem. Humiliating to back up and denial/no responses from the two dealers in town. Very disappointed in Ford, not in the problem but in the response. i love my Bronco but may never buy a Ford again.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My dealer told me back min November that parts would be available late December.....cue the crickets. I don't understand how Ford can't supply the updated bolts and bushings to address this problem that is not an isolated problem but one that affects the vast majority of Bronco Sports. Mine has gotten progressively worse over the last few weeks. I can wake the whole neighborhood if I wanted to with the very low foghorn.

UPDATE: After numerous calls to my dealer today they finally got back to me and scheduled me for this Friday to complete the Service Bulletin update. Not sure what happened to the "We will call you when parts are available" response the dealership promised over the last month or so. I can only hope the upgrade silences the noise even if just a little bit.

Last edited:

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
I had this issue 5 times and today I took it to the dealer and they changed the Disks and brake Pad. I was not charged for it. Let’s see what happens.
Sponsored