fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had the Service Bulletin completed last Friday (Jan 20). I waited for a week before posting my findings. So far the fog horn sound is gone when backing up. I still have a very slight "clunking" noise first thing in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the day when making a turn, whether backing or straight tuns.

Update March 17. The fog horn is gone when backing up, hopefully for good. The C\"clunking " noise I had was almost like a shutter / vibration when making turns at low speed. There is a service bulletin out addressing this noise dealing with draining and refilling the RDU due to contaminated fluid. Had this done yesterday (Mar 16) and the noise its gone. I actually have a noise free Bronco Sport for the first time in almost a year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Not sure if anybody with a ‘23 is still dealing with the backup squeal, but it may be fixed? I’ve had my daughter’s ‘23 in prime condition for the squeal, and none, whatsoever. My son’s ‘22 would definitely have that whale sound in our wet chill.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
When it's time for new brakes I'll be sure to replace them with a better compound than Ford used from the factory.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
When it's time for new brakes I'll be sure to replace them with a better compound than Ford used from the factory.
The issue here is the bushings on the caliper pins, not the pads themselves. I haven't seen any issues with the pads. Some have complained of a lot of brake dust but I don't seem to have that issue at all.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I just figured it was the pad chirping on a cold rotor because it is only heard while backing up, usually while leaving the driveway.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I just figured it was the pad chirping on a cold rotor because it is only heard while backing up, usually while leaving the driveway.
Caliper pins causing rear brakes to drag is what makes the noise.

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Had this TSB done Friday…so far so good!
Sponsored