Area 51 Badlands with the Badlands pkg delivered!

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
So we have confirmed the auto-start-stop is off in sport mode and there is no annoying icon. This is another positive BS confirmation. (Thank you Ford). I read in the manual that even when the Auto-Start is on, it's a "grey" icon on the dash board. I can live with that. As a pilot, any yellow or red light on the dashboard would be constant distraction -- even if I knew what it was. My Xterra had a yellow low tire icon on last week (slow leak) and it's a constant irritation as my eyes were drawn to confirm whiich icon it was... yes I'll fix the tire tomorrow. Honda really screwed up by making it a big yellow light. Idiots.
Sponsored

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
So we have confirmed the auto-start-stop is off in sport mode and there is no annoying icon. This is another positive BS confirmation. (Thank you Ford). I read in the manual that even when the Auto-Start is on, it's a "grey" icon on the dash board. I can live with that. As a pilot, any yellow or red light on the dashboard would be constant distraction -- even if I knew what it was. My Xterra had a yellow low tire icon on last week (slow leak) and it's a constant irritation as my eyes were drawn to confirm whiich icon it was... yes I'll fix the tire tomorrow. Honda really screwed up by making it a big yellow light. Idiots.
I also drove a BS yesterday and can confirm no light when in sport mode.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I donā€™t think so. If youā€™re like me.. not a fan of auto stop start.. when you get in your vehicle just get in the habit of pressing 1 then pressing 2
Ford Bronco Sport Area 51 Badlands with the Badlands pkg delivered! 62DB0F98-5D24-43AD-96A2-D00DD70BADAB
Hmmm...almost universal complaint about this feature in most all new vehicles, why? The Sport restarts about instantaneously when taking off again, and will not shut down when accessories require the power and possibly some other conditions. There is no appreciable additional wear and tear on the battery, engine, nor starter in such systems, nor any wasted fuel during restarts. Idling wastes *a lot* of fuel, to the tune of 4% to almost 9% savings using start-stop.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There is not much legroom in the back seat unless the front seat is pushed forward some. In this picture the front passenger seat is about 3/4 of the way back.

Ford Bronco Sport Area 51 Badlands with the Badlands pkg delivered! 20201204_123322
I have owned a number of small vehicles and, with a normal, average-sized person in front, *they don't need* the boatload of legroom provided there and can move their seat forward quite a bit to accommodate someone of average or taller height in the back. It's as if, universally, the belief is the front passenger/driver just can't move their seat forward just a little bit!...? Manufacturers could make the back *seem* roomier by providing less rearward travel (and therefore lesser maximum legroom) up front, and I guess we wouldn't have this constant niggle about rear legroom. I find the balance between front legroom, rear, and cargo capacity pretty nice here for driver and cargo -- with only the occasional rear seat passenger. If this is were a complaint I'd buy a bigger vehicle in the first place. Worse in my book to skimp on cargo room just for a couple of inches of rear legroom when the folks up front can just move forward a little bit to help out.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Hmmm...almost universal complaint about this feature in most all new vehicles, why?
Because it is noticeable, it does cause appreciable wear (over time, for those that keep vehicles a long time).
If is were as seamless and unobtrusive as some claim, most wouldn't complain.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can the speed sign recognition be disabled, or is it a constant distraction? I assume it does not automatically adjust the speed?
I understand with adaptive cruise control it does -- but like most other features *has* to be switchable on/off. There is no speed sign recognition without Assist+, and even then it's not present below the Outer Banks/Badlands trims. One of its functions is to display a warning msg when it recognizes you are speeding over a certain tolerance you can set. The other is, with adaptive cruise control, it changes your cruise setting to match the detected speed limit sign -- which could be annoying! But, you will continue with your set speed even if above the limit detected on the sign *if it is within the tolerance above the detected limit* that you have previously set (it's a "sticky" setting). Or just use standard cruise control, or turn it off completely and use your foot. If exceeding the speed limit by a lot, one of those options might be safer anyway.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
That is a good question. I tried it in sport last night (it's quite zippy lol), but I didn't pay attention to the auto start/stop. I'll try that on the way home this evening and let you know.
Yes it is alway off when in sport mode. I start it and 3 instant clicks to the right and done!

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
Random request but I haven't seen it anywhere else. Would you possibly be able to take a picture of the area between the visors? I am curious to see what the moon roof buttons look like and to see if there is a moonroof if there is still the glasses holder. Thanks!

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Oh I've got a question, does putting in sport mode disable the auto start stop?
ā€˜Yes, it was confirmed on another thread that sport mode disables auto/start stop.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Whatā€™s her name? Iā€™m calling mine Lilā€™ Goat.
Sponsored