Area 51 Badlands with the Badlands pkg delivered!

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Oh, lol. So far a solid 9. A little disappointed it doesn't have a garage door button or power lift gate. And as strange as it sounds the turn signals are crazy loud lol. If I'm on the phone with someone, they are yelling at me to make it stop lol. Other than that is great so far. I won't be able to spend a lot of time in it until the weekend and can give better updates then.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Oh, lol. So far a solid 9. A little disappointed it doesn't have a garage door button or power lift gate. And as strange as it sounds the turn signals are crazy loud lol. If I'm on the phone with someone, they are yelling at me to make it stop lol. Other than that is great so far. I won't be able to spend a lot of time in it until the weekend and can give better updates then.
Interesting you note the turn signals. I thought I heard them in one of the marketing videos we had seen recently as well. Personally I don’t mind the sound but I know the wife can’t stand it when sitting in the passenger seat.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Man, I hate the shiny tire look, I'm gonna make them wash mine off first...lol

Congratulations! We expect some trail pics form this weekend!

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Let us know how the headlamps work at night, at highway speed. Low and high beams. Any hesitation when accelerating from a stop? Thanks!

Scubajane

Badlands
First Name
Mindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Audi Q3
Like Cyclone Cowboy I'm really curious about the hesitation/lag when accelerating from a stop...and does it seem like the tires are spinning when the turbo kicks in? I have an Audi Q3 which has this "feature." Thanks in advance!

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Oh I've got a question, does putting in sport mode disable the auto start stop?

Arrow007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
I would love to know about the space in the back seat. I am a tall guy so normally I push my driving seat all the way back so wanted to know if that makes the guy sitting behind uncomfortable or cramped up.
Thanks in advance.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
I would love to know about the space in the back seat. I am a tall guy so normally I push my driving seat all the way back so wanted to know if that makes the guy sitting behind uncomfortable or cramped up.
Thanks in advance.
I test drove one at my dealer yesterday. I’m 6’4” and with the driver seat adjusted to where I would drive, I tested and could sit behind myself comfortably. There was not a ton of rear legroom, but I wasn’t bumping my legs up on the seats or anything. The headroom makes the vehicle feel very spacious in the front and rear.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Let us know how the headlamps work at night, at highway speed. Low and high beams. Any hesitation when accelerating from a stop? Thanks!
Headlamps are fantastic! They also have a feature so that you can set the high beams to come on automatically, if in a dark area, and go off when it senses and approaching vehicle. Worked like a charm for me last night.

It has a very slight hesitation due to the auto start/stop feature but it isn't bad. It has taken me longer to get used to the stopping than the starting lol, but I'm beginning to get where I don't even notice it anymore. There is a button on the dash where you can turn off the auto start/stop but you have to do it every time you start the car.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Like Cyclone Cowboy I'm really curious about the hesitation/lag when accelerating from a stop...and does it seem like the tires are spinning when the turbo kicks in? I have an Audi Q3 which has this "feature." Thanks in advance!
I have not noticed the tires spinning at all.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Oh I've got a question, does putting in sport mode disable the auto start stop?
That is a good question. I tried it in sport last night (it's quite zippy lol), but I didn't pay attention to the auto start/stop. I'll try that on the way home this evening and let you know.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Thanks in advance.
There is not much legroom in the back seat unless the front seat is pushed forward some. In this picture the front passenger seat is about 3/4 of the way back.

Ford Bronco Sport Area 51 Badlands with the Badlands pkg delivered! 20201204_123322

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
If you are on FB, I have a ton of pictures and have answered a whole lot of questions about it in the Ford Bronco Sport Owners group. My pictures are always too big to upload on here so I have to resize each one.
Sponsored