Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
It’s really unfortunate, can’t believe a dealership would treat their customers like this to be honest. I’ve been more than patient with them throughout the whole process- they lost future business from me and anyone I know that’s for sure!
Dealerships around here have reviews on Google and whatnot. If things don't go your way you might warn others in your area.
Sponsored

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
It’s really unfortunate, can’t believe a dealership would treat their customers like this to be honest. I’ve been more than patient with them throughout the whole process- they lost future business from me and anyone I know that’s for sure!
You’re better off! A dealership’s true colors always show after you buy a car from them, not before. I actually don’t go to the Ford dealership in my area; I go to the one that is a few towns over and they’re great. I’m sure another dealership would love to service your BS in the future!

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
You’re better off! A dealership’s true colors always show after you buy a car from them, not before. I actually don’t go to the Ford dealership in my area; I go to the one that is a few towns over and they’re great. I’m sure another dealership would love to service your BS in the future!
Agreed. I don't bring my BL to the dealer I purchased from. I have a few dealers about 15 mins from my house in NJ that provide better service. I am currently in Florida and have an excellent dealer a few miles from my house.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Agreed. I don't bring my BL to the dealer I purchased from. I have a few dealers about 15 mins from my house in NJ that provide better service. I am currently in Florida and have an excellent dealer a few miles from my house.
I’m in NJ too. I bought mine/will get it serviced from Point Pleasant - they were great.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The important word here is “paintable”, not “painted” for the specific fender kit that is being discussed. That means you are paying for flairs that CAN be painted, not ARE painted. The other kits cannot be painted and has to remain black due to the material. Big difference. Every word matters. So yes, the dealer could charge to paint them…sadly.

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? A05AFA08-0192-4BFA-AD5D-4246EB02C225

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

First post on the forum, not sure if this is the right place for this question. Does anyone have experience with the dealerships putting on your fender flares? My dealership put mine on but they are not painted and don't match my BS. They never called me to tell me that they weren't painted before they put them on so now I am stuck with these until they resolve the issue. They are currently waiting to hear from Ford to determine whether the dealership pays for the paint match or if Ford does? Any advice or tips on this situation?

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4346

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4345
I ordered the same flares. They came in unpainted. The dealer asked me if I wanted them painted body colour or black. I chose black. The painting was included in the price, not extra.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
As far as I am aware, the fenders all come in black and are sold as a paintable part*. I think your set did get painted, but they got painted as Cactus Grey instead of your color. Maybe the dealer sold you a "used" set?

* I know this because the dealer I got my Bronco from had ordered black flares for my car and painted for its sister that came in at the same time. The fenders came in black, and the dealer was kinda/sorta pist at Ford that they were not already color matched and they were going nuts trying to figure out how to paint-match the Cyber Orange tricoat. I told them I don't want them on mine at all and they would look great in just black on the other Cyber Orange. That's what they ended up doing.
Ford had to substitute the paintable, unpainted flares due to a stock shortage of the black ones. So people who ordered Flare Kit I got Flare kit II instead, which the dealers were to paint. Mine came in that pale colour which I had painted black.

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG_20211126_1457204

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi, I really hope by now you’ve had this issue resolved, I’m just curious as to how it went dealing directly w/Ford as opposed to your dealer?? I’ve had a very similar experience w/the DIO unpainted fender flares but at least mine got painted—they might be a gross semi-gloss black w/those fugly steel rivets, but they did get paint. The dealership made me feel like I’d inconvenienced them by bringing to their attention smthg I’d already paid 1100 bucks for & that I was legitimately owed, regardless whether it was intentional or otherwise to not inform me of said flares & an on road accessory kit I was also supposed to have received at delivery/or when they arrived to the parts dept afterwards, per window sticker. It honestly felt like I was sending back a food order at a restaurant & anxiously expecting an extra serving of sabotage upon it’s return! My nerves are thoroughly shot from dealing with this.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Holy cow were theylike "meh...it's close enough"?!! It's noticeable that they don't match how did the dealership think this was ok?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Holy cow were theylike "meh...it's close enough"?!! It's noticeable that they don't match how did the dealership think this was ok?
Sounds like dealer just said f#$k it slap them on and if customer complains ignore them and blame Ford. Completely incompetent dealer.
Sponsored