Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched?

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

First post on the forum, not sure if this is the right place for this question. Does anyone have experience with the dealerships putting on your fender flares? My dealership put mine on but they are not painted and don't match my BS. They never called me to tell me that they weren't painted before they put them on so now I am stuck with these until they resolve the issue. They are currently waiting to hear from Ford to determine whether the dealership pays for the paint match or if Ford does? Any advice or tips on this situation?

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4346

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4345
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Hi everyone,

First post on the forum, not sure if this is the right place for this question. Does anyone have experience with the dealerships putting on your fender flares? My dealership put mine on but they are not painted and don't match my BS. They never called me to tell me that they weren't painted before they put them on so now I am stuck with these until they resolve the issue. They are currently waiting to hear from Ford to determine whether the dealership pays for the paint match or if Ford does? Any advice or tips on this situation?

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4346

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4345
I purchased the Bushwacker Fender Flares that look like yours except they're black. I thought the black would be a nice contrast against the silver body color. I installed them with the help of a friend. My dealer was too expensive for the install and the earliest they could do it was a month away.
Did you ask for the flares to be painted and did you pay for the install and paint. if so, I would go bac and have them painted and reinstalled.
Let us know what happens.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I purchased the Bushwacker Fender Flares that look like yours except they're black. I thought the black would be a nice contrast against the silver body color. I installed them with the help of a friend. My dealer was too expensive for the install and the earliest they could do it was a month away.
Did you ask for the flares to be painted and did you pay for the install and paint. if so, I would go bac and have them painted and reinstalled.
I agree. Either black or painted would look great!

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Keep them black, good contrast plus saves money not having to color match and paint.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I believe that if you order them with the BS, they become a Dealer Installed Option. Ford pays the dealer to install them. They will show up on the window sticker as a Dealer Installed Option.

If you selected unpainted flares you would have to pay the dealer to paint them before installation.

IMHO, only an idiot would install unpainted flares on a customer vehicle without asking the customer if they are sure that is what they want.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
They can be removed & color matched if thats what is wanted .

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I believe that if you order them with the BS, they become a Dealer Installed Option. Ford pays the dealer to install them. They will show up on the window sticker as a Dealer Installed Option.

If you selected unpainted flares you would have to pay the dealer to paint them before installation.

IMHO, only an idiot would install unpainted flares on a customer vehicle without asking the customer if they are sure that is what they want.
This. With one add on- the black ones are not the same part number as the ready to paint ones. Double check what you ordered?

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So the fender flares were on my vehicle's window sticker but they had not installed them by the time I received the BS. I had to wait a month for an actual install date due to them being booked so far out. I thought they would be the same color as my vehicle because no one had previously told me they had to be color-matched. The whole situation is a mess and I still can't believe they threw them on when they clearly need to be painted. I had not seen them before they actually put them on

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Keep them black, good contrast plus saves money not having to color match and paint.
I purchased the vehicle with that addon being on the window sticker, I do not think that I will have to pay for them to paint being that I already paid the $1200 or whatever they were! To my understanding, they were already painted to match but I guess I was very wrong. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see them before they got put on and by that point, it was too late lmao. The managers at the dealership seem to not give a crap about it but said they are trying to figure out if Ford pays for the paint match or if the dealership does

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

To my understanding they were to be paint matched, I still can't believe they threw them on when they clearly look wrong.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
This. With one add on- the black ones are not the same part number as the ready to paint ones. Double check what you ordered?
You can go to Harbor freight and get yourself a Purple Gun (Spray gun) about $12-$20. If you have a small compressor 4+ gallon that should do the trick. Even a one gallon could possibly work for those fender flares. I agree go with black. Not sure what people use for paint. remove the flares then after paint and cured time reinstall. Not sure if they used any adhesive to install the flares, if so you might want the geniuses at the car dealership remove it free of charge.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
You can go to Harbor freight and get yourself a Purple Gun (Spray gun) about $12-$20. If you have a small compressor 4+ gallon that should do the trick. Even a one gallon could possibly work for those fender flares. I agree go with black. Not sure what people use for paint. remove the flares then after paint and cured time reinstall. Not sure if they used any adhesive to install the flares, if so you might want the geniuses at the car dealership remove it free of charge.
I would use tinted raptor coat since flares are more likely to get dinged. I only mentioned the different part number since if the black was ordered, there would be no reason to assume paint where as if the ready to paint was ordered, well bad on the dealership.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
To my understanding they were to be paint matched, I still can't believe they threw them on when they clearly look wrong.
Amazing that the dealership did not call you when they saw the flares did not match your vehicle.
Sponsored