Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
As far as I am aware, the fenders all come in black and are sold as a paintable part*. I think your set did get painted, but they got painted as Cactus Grey instead of your color. Maybe the dealer sold you a "used" set?

* I know this because the dealer I got my Bronco from had ordered black flares for my car and painted for its sister that came in at the same time. The fenders came in black, and the dealer was kinda/sorta pist at Ford that they were not already color matched and they were going nuts trying to figure out how to paint-match the Cyber Orange tricoat. I told them I don't want them on mine at all and they would look great in just black on the other Cyber Orange. That's what they ended up doing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I purchased the vehicle with that addon being on the window sticker, I do not think that I will have to pay for them to paint being that I already paid the $1200 or whatever they were! To my understanding, they were already painted to match but I guess I was very wrong. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see them before they got put on and by that point, it was too late lmao. The managers at the dealership seem to not give a crap about it but said they are trying to figure out if Ford pays for the paint match or if the dealership does
The paintable versions are $499 on the Ford Accessory site while the black versions are $525. So in my opinion you already paid for them to be color matched and it is the dealers responsibility to do so especially since its listed as a DIO. Obviously they should be able to see that they were supposed to be painted first since the paintable versions have to be assembled before installation (rivets installed) unlike the black version. If you don't get them painted by the dealer, I would contact Ford customer service and get them on the dealers case also - (800) 334-4375.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I really like the idea of them being painted to match the vehicle! But black looks nice too, I think if I had black rims I would go with them being black as well!
Personally, I like painted body color too. Post pics after you do it!

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as I am aware, the fenders all come in black and are sold as a paintable part*. I think your set did get painted, but they got painted as Cactus Grey instead of your color. Maybe the dealer sold you a "used" set?

* I know this because the dealer I got my Bronco from had ordered black flares for my car and painted for its sister that came in at the same time. The fenders came in black, and the dealer was kinda/sorta pist at Ford that they were not already color matched and they were going nuts trying to figure out how to paint-match the Cyber Orange tricoat. I told them I don't want them on mine at all and they would look great in just black on the other Cyber Orange. That's what they ended up doing.
Bushwaker makes two versions - one that is paintable to be color matched and one that is not - Black Textured Finish. I had considered the color matched set but decided on the black since I was concerned that the Rapid Red applied at the dealer wouldn't be an exact match to the factory color since it's red and tricoat.

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do! Brand new to this forum and I am loving it here!
Welcome! I just joined last month and I’m enjoying it too! Everyone is very helpful ?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

These are from the Ford accessory site.

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? vm1pz-16268-a-1

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? vm1pz-16268-b-1

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For a $1200 add on those should have been painted already. Ford sells the ones on your car for $370. You need to find out where that extra money is that was probably supposed to go toward paint.

Last edited:

EBRB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi everyone,

First post on the forum, not sure if this is the right place for this question. Does anyone have experience with the dealerships putting on your fender flares? My dealership put mine on but they are not painted and don't match my BS. They never called me to tell me that they weren't painted before they put them on so now I am stuck with these until they resolve the issue. They are currently waiting to hear from Ford to determine whether the dealership pays for the paint match or if Ford does? Any advice or tips on this situation?

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4346

Ford Bronco Sport Are Fender Flares supposed to be paint matched? IMG-4345
They come non-painted (prepped) gloss black, and flat black. If you wanted then matched should have specified when ordering. And the dealer should have advised you of the 3 options

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So update. The dealership is saying they won’t pay to match the flares. I have a case started with Ford customer support trying to figure out the next step. The dealership said I should have done the research before hand, even though they didn’t show me the mismatched flares and just put it on my vehicle

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a very good forum with lots of super nice people. Just don’t be overly critical of Ford or your Bronco and you will fit right in. ?
…and don’t forget to not share these overly critical views in the “kinda obsessed” thread ?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update. The dealership is saying they won’t pay to match the flares. I have a case started with Ford customer support trying to figure out the next step. The dealership said I should have done the research before hand, even though they didn’t show me the mismatched flares and just put it on my vehicle
Wow that’s not right at all! Sorry you’re dealing with this. The whole role of a sales person/dealership is to be the expert on the product and guide you.

OP
OP
Cyrus

Cyrus

Big Bend
First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow that’s not right at all! Sorry you’re dealing with this. The whole role of a sales person/dealership is to be the expert on the product and guide you.
It’s really unfortunate, can’t believe a dealership would treat their customers like this to be honest. I’ve been more than patient with them throughout the whole process- they lost future business from me and anyone I know that’s for sure!
Sponsored