Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
At that price I think I'll wait until one of mine gets crunched.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
The only change I'll make in the back is to LED back-up lights. Nice bright ones make it easier for me to see backing up at night.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
The local police here have brake lights that blink twice very quickly when they first come on. Very hard to miss. I'd love to have that feature on all of my cars for the idiots that ride my bumper.

I notice that my backup camera doesn't really give a great picture at night. Did changing to LEDs help with that?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
So overall that looks like crap! Agreed!

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
I'm seeing these sequential LED taillights and turn signals everywhere these days, but are they DOT approved? I'm just wondering if they would increase your chances of getting pulled over or failing a safety inspection because of them in some jurisdictions.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I'm seeing these sequential LED taillights and turn signals everywhere these days, but are they DOT approved? I'm just wondering if they would increase your chances of getting pulled over or failing a safety inspection because of them in some jurisdictions.
Mustangs had sequential turn signals in the late 60's. Lots of newer cars, especially Euros, have sequential turn signals as stock. I'm pretty sure they pass DOT regulations.

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CharlesBianco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2015 Z51 Corvette
So basically, across the board, these taillights are not worth whatever the price.

And speaking of that, should something happen to a taillight, good luck getting an easy replacement.

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
I was getting spammed on YouTube with videos of these taillights around the same time OP posted. I guess the company was doing an ad blitz to drum up interest

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I like them, but not for almost $500
Same here. Almost the same as my BS's monthly payment. There are alot of gizmo's for our BS's that I like, but too costly.

Maybe when I win big in the lottery. I can be on a beach somewhere with a drink in hand with the small umbrella in it, and I'll make a list of items to buy for the BS.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I wouldn't say they're archaic. A lot of cars still incorporate halogen bulbs mixed with LED runners. LEDs come at a cost so a lot of cars, especially entry-level, are not expected to have LEDs all around. I do appreciate the fact that all trims including the base have LED headlights and front turn signals. And Big Bends and up have LED foglights. In exchange for halogens in the rear, you get full LEDs up front which is a good tradeoff in my opinion.

My '23 OBX has LED taillights as standard. The only halogens are the stop and rear directionals.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
My '23 OBX has LED taillights as standard. The only halogens are the stop and rear directionals.
All Ford Bronco Sports have an LED runner that wraps around the taillight housing. The brake lights, rear turn signals, and reverse lights are all halogen bulbs. Probably for cost-cutting measures. In exchange, all BS's come with LED headlights and front turn signals. The fog lights on Big Bends and up are LED as well. Also, the Outer Banks and Badlands have the additional LED daytime running lights.
Sponsored