Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Just shy of 1,000 miles and couldn’t be happier. I was looking for something different from the rest of the small cookie cutter SUVs and this BB is it in spdes.
Enormous headroom with a truck like solid feel yet surprisingly nimble and quick if need be. No squeaks or rattles. I do very little city driving but on mixed interstate and country two lane trips to tne mountains I have no problem averaging in the 30-34 range.
I love the safety of the blindspot mirrors and Apple Car Play. I find it hard to believe that the backup alert, which I don’t have, is not an integrated feature of the excellent backup camera. I find the lane keeping system to be mildly annoying and even dangerous in a curve where it’s corrective nudges feel jerky. I tend to leave it off now. I still don’t know if I have the collision avoidance system or the driver alert system.
The lights are outstanding! One of these days I’m going to figure out where the cornering lights are that mysteriously pop on in a turn. Some hate the seats but they suit me perfectly at 6’1”-235. Don’t miss fiddling with electric adjusters and never had a use for heated seats let alone steering wheel. The wipers are excellent although I do kind of miss rain sensing wipers. I thought not having an autodim mirror would be an issue but the relatively high degree of tint solves that.
Oh yeah, I do find the Low gear button useful for engine braking on a steep curvy road. And the 4wd primarily guards against the risks of wet grass and gravel roads. Works for me.
The one negative feeling I have is the incredibly flimsy feeling that comes from all of the black plastic trim, what looks like carpet liner wheel wells, the delicate feeling hood, and is the fuel door plastic or something else? Really odd for a vehicle that feels so substantial on the road. Makes me wish I had a garage. Having said that, refer back to line 1, couldn’t be happier.
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Just shy of 1,000 miles and couldn’t be happier. I was looking for something different from the rest of the small cookie cutter SUVs and this BB is it in spdes.
Enormous headroom with a truck like solid feel yet surprisingly nimble and quick if need be. No squeaks or rattles. I do very little city driving but on mixed interstate and country two lane trips to tne mountains I have no problem averaging in the 30-34 range.
I love the safety of the blindspot mirrors and Apple Car Play. I find it hard to believe that the backup alert, which I don’t have, is not an integrated feature of the excellent backup camera. I find the lane keeping system to be mildly annoying and even dangerous in a curve where it’s corrective nudges feel jerky. I tend to leave it off now. I still don’t know if I have the collision avoidance system or the driver alert system.
The lights are outstanding! One of these days I’m going to figure out where the cornering lights are that mysteriously pop on in a turn. Some hate the seats but they suit me perfectly at 6’1”-235. Don’t miss fiddling with electric adjusters and never had a use for heated seats let alone steering wheel. The wipers are excellent although I do kind of miss rain sensing wipers. I thought not having an autodim mirror would be an issue but the relatively high degree of tint solves that.
Oh yeah, I do find the Low gear button useful for engine braking on a steep curvy road. And the 4wd primarily guards against the risks of wet grass and gravel roads. Works for me.
The one negative feeling I have is the incredibly flimsy feeling that comes from all of the black plastic trim, what looks like carpet liner wheel wells, the delicate feeling hood, and is the fuel door plastic or something else? Really odd for a vehicle that feels so substantial on the road. Makes me wish I had a garage. Having said that, refer back to line 1, couldn’t be happier.
The lights that come on in turning are the Fog lights , the inner wheel well material , like you, I thought they were cheap , but are used on some very expensive cars being made today . easy to replace & not expensive to make & replace .

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
My son’s a BMW tech and tells me they’re on those and Mercedes. Good point that they should be a cheap and easy replacement Item. And I just confirmed the fog lights are the cornering lights. Very effective.
Sponsored